View Full Version : Hooking up to Rogers AT&T in Canada??

Don Tolson
02-13-2007, 09:19 PM
Hi all.. I just got a new ETEN X500 and I'm trying to hook it up to Rogers AT&T Wireless here in Canada. I got the SIM card in OK and it looks like it recognizes the phone #, etc. But it's saying there's 'No Service', even where my RAZR works fine.

Any ideas? Are there particular configuration parameters (bands?) I should be setting up?

Thanks.

Paragon
02-13-2007, 10:54 PM
Hi all.. I just got a new ETEN X500 and I'm trying to hook it up to Rogers AT&T Wireless here in Canada. I got the SIM card in OK and it looks like it recognizes the phone #, etc. But it's saying there's 'No Service', even where my RAZR works fine.

Any ideas? Are there particular configuration parameters (bands?) I should be setting up?

Thanks.

For voice, there isn't anything you need to do. There is either something wrong with the SIM card, or your account. Assuming the SIM card is in right and making contact. I have had problems with phones and SIMs not making contact. When this happens I fold a piece of paper 2-3 times and place it on top of the SIM putting more pressure on it when you place the battery or cover over it.

Does the Eten have setting where you can choose what bands to use?

Dave

Don Tolson
02-13-2007, 11:51 PM
Thanks, Dave... appreciate the help. That's wasn't it tho...(even tho I did block up my SIM PIN trying to figure it out -- thank goodness there's a Rogers store across the street)

Anyway, it was the Band selection on the Others tab of the Phone settings. The default is 900/1800 and Rogers apparently uses 850/1900. Once I set that, I magically got huge amounts of service signal!!!

Whoooo, hooo... my first 'converged device'! (Now I just have to wait for the first call....)

Paragon
02-14-2007, 12:08 AM
Thanks, Dave... appreciate the help. That's wasn't it tho...(even tho I did block up my SIM PIN trying to figure it out -- thank goodness there's a Rogers store across the street)

Anyway, it was the Band selection on the Others tab of the Phone settings. The default is 900/1800 and Rogers apparently uses 850/1900. Once I set that, I magically got huge amounts of service signal!!!

Whoooo, hooo... my first 'converged device'! (Now I just have to wait for the first call....)

Congratulations Don!

Now, we are going to expect to see some reviews on converged related software and hardware. ;)

Dave

Don Tolson
02-14-2007, 12:18 AM
Probably, there will definitely be a different 'bent' to the reviews now especially since this represents the most 'converged' I've ever gone:
- phone
- PPC
- FM Radio
- GPS
- Media Player
- WIFI & Bluetooth

I haven't figured out how to get my email to it yet, but I don't want to freak out my corp hq just yet -- maybe next week. :lol: