View Full Version : X51 Bluetooth Activesync question.

bizerker
02-12-2007, 03:48 PM
Maybe this is a stupid question but please help me out. I want to Sync my X51 to my laptop or desktop via a Bluetooth USB dongle that I bought yesterday. My problem so far is that Activesync on my desktop only gives the options of connecting with USB, or COM 1-6. On the Axim, under Settings/Connections/Bluetooth/COM Port it only gives me COM 7 and 8.

I haven't yet tryed pairing with the laptop.

Any help?

boyetc
02-14-2007, 08:36 PM
i believe you are installing the BT dongle on your laptop/desktop.

First of, install the BT manager on your laptop, then pair it with your Axim.

Run the BT manager on your laptop and look for bluetooth synching. run that. Do the same on your Axim's BT manager.

Check also on active synch if there is an option to synch via BT.

I know i have this on mine but have not tried it, am using an Axim x51v with an upgraded BT stack. The X51 should have the same type of BT stack and will be able to synch via BT. This may take awhile since BT synch is kinda slow.

bizerker
02-14-2007, 08:50 PM
O.k.. I got the bluetooth link working kinda. The windows media player wont let me sync my music via bluetooth now. Why?

boyetc
02-14-2007, 09:31 PM
O.k.. I got the bluetooth link working kinda. The windows media player wont let me sync my music via bluetooth now. Why?

look further in your BT manager, there is as far as i know an option to synch or trnasfer music files. if you cant find that, what you can do is synch the music into a separate folder into your laptop and then create a playlist for windows media player. it wont actually let you synch via windows media player.