View Full Version : X51v & problem installing Adobe Reader

kinyo
02-11-2007, 08:04 AM
I just bought an X51v & am trying to install Adobe Reader 2.0. I get an error "Adobe Acrobat Reader for Pocket PC 1.0 is already installed. Please uninstall it before installing Adobe Reader for Pocket PC 2.0". Being new I've never installed version 1.0. However, I did have a Toshiba Pocket PC with version 1.0 which I upgraded to 2.0. I think I got that same error. Any suggestions as to what the problem is & what to do about it? Thanks

Darius Wey
02-12-2007, 03:20 AM
Is the X51v freshly hard reset, or did you attempt a restore of some previous backup files?

kinyo
02-12-2007, 04:12 AM
Is the X51v freshly hard reset, or did you attempt a restore of some previous backup files?

It's a brand new unit. I did not try to restore anything off my Toshiba on it. It's just the way it came from the factory.

Ken

Darius Wey
02-12-2007, 05:25 AM
Very interesting. I'd suggest uninstalling the Adobe Reader for Pocket PC installers on your PC, and then reinstalling v2.0 only. They may be causing conflicts somewhere along the way.

kinyo
02-12-2007, 07:48 AM
Very interesting. I'd suggest uninstalling the Adobe Reader for Pocket PC installers on your PC, and then reinstalling v2.0 only. They may be causing conflicts somewhere along the way.

I finally solved the problem. On my desktop PC I used regedit to search for Adobe. It finally came to a listing for version 1.0. I deleted it & the one for 2.0. Then I ran the installation program again & it all worked.
Thanks for your help.
Ken