View Full Version : For any PPC-6700 owners...

code-frog
02-09-2007, 04:14 PM
How many of you have stability issues? It seems like my phone locks up and needs a reboot at least every other day and usually more often. The kicker for me is most of the time I don't know it's gone flaky until I try to use it (and I don't make many calls, but I recieve quite a few) and I wind up missing calls.

Anyone else generally annoyed with their PPC-6700 and if so are there any tips/tricks/hacks to make this thing a bit more stable?

I don't want to rip on the phone. I do want to know if the situation can be improved.

- Rex

Cybrid
02-10-2007, 08:02 AM
Yes, on the non updated ROM. Some time ago, a ROM update was published...you'll need the carrier specific one.
After the update: before you do anything...hard reset, as you are setting the device up (align screen,etc) you'll see a popup notification "customization in 3 seconds..." before it customizes your device, soft reset.
This will remove some 8-17Mb of carrier specific branding and settings.
You might need some of those settings but you can selectively install those by using the extended ROM storage unlocker.
http://buzzdev.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=67&Itemid=1
Use a storage card to install most apps.
Your device will run much cleaner after that.

code-frog
02-10-2007, 01:46 PM
I'm running the latest ROM so that's already done. The mistake I guess I made was not to reset it and lose some of the garbage.

I did make a few changes that have helped. My biggest problem seems to be that WebIS Mail 2007 is still installed and living in places I cannot dig it out of. Really has me hot that WebIS is such a terrible vendor and I have bought every application they have (before needing support) and cannot really get anything in the way of help.

Oh well. You live and you learn....

Cybrid
02-11-2007, 01:54 AM
Really has me hot that WebIS is such a terrible vendor and I have bought every application they have (before needing support) and cannot really get anything in the way of help.

Oh well. You live and you learn....I've never had too much trouble with their products but WebIS has their own forums for help that are monitored regularly.
Alex_Kac is the founder and lead programmer behind WebIS. If you did a search based on his user id....you'll see how committed he is to producing a quality product and how ready he is to address customer issues.

code-frog
02-11-2007, 05:04 AM
I've hung out there and I think everyone's mileage varies. I've seen both extremes and the middle. Which ... probably could be said about every product.