View Full Version : Read an E-book Week 2007

Steve Jordan
02-07-2007, 02:25 PM
Mark your calendars, and prepare to be a part of history, culture, and literature... March 4-10 2007 is Read an E-book Week, and it's a year not to be missed! This year, acclaimed e-book author Steve Jordan joins award-winning author Rita Toews in supporting and promoting Read an E-book Week 2007.

The e-book is currently experiencing impressive growth and development. Established and celebrated authors are publishing electronic editions of their bestselling books, while major electronics manufacturers are experimenting with new display technologies and bringing cool e-book readers to market. Traditional publishing houses are taking notice, as more and more readers are taking e-books with them, to read on breaks, on their commutes, and on vacations.

The e-book is already following the path that the paperback book blazed a century ago, from lowly and illegitimate roots, to a place of respect beside hardback books. And during Read an E-book Week, we’re going to help it along by encouraging e-book readers, authors and publishers to pitch in. Please visit http://www.domokos.com/readebookweek.html to find out more about Read an E-book Week, including background on the e-book revolution, planned activities in 2007, and tips from Rita and Steve on things you can do to support e-books!

Steve Jordan is an avid (some say rabid) e-book reader, writer, visionary, and promoter. He developed the Right Brane e-Publishing model as a fair, practical and sensible way to sell e-books online. His e-books are available at www.SteveJordanBooks.com.

Rita Toews created Read an E-book Week in 2002. She has written and co-authored award-winning children’s books, crime novels and historical dramas, available through www.domokos.com.

Jorgen
02-10-2007, 05:21 PM
Good initiative! I hope it will become a success.

Very apropos, I am right now reading The Centurion of which she is co-author - an excellent and well-researched book, which I can recommend! Fictionwise has it.

Jorgen
PS. I think I will reread some of your books that week, Steve.

Steve Jordan
02-10-2007, 10:37 PM
Thanks!

I'm sorry that my next novel won't be ready for REBW, as my efforts to promote REBW forced it to fall behind. However, I'm looking at a few other things I can do, including possible book discounts, and maybe releasing a free short story, that week. Hopefully other authors and e-book sites will follow suit.

Steve Jordan
02-27-2007, 07:35 PM
Here's an update: I will be adding to the promotion of REBW (I can't help it, I write it so often that I've started abbreviating it everywhere!) with sales on my site.

From March 4-10, I will be offering my novels at a $1usd discount... that's $1.50 each, all week!

Also, will post a new short story, available for free! The story, The First Expedition, is a story that follows up on a character that appears in the first chapter of The Onuissance Cells. I wrote the story exclusively for the digiReader website's forum members, but when the site evolved to become the iBme network, they released the rights of the story back to me. And as of March 4, it will be yours for free, in the usual multiple formats, and NO DRM (because... well, it's me!).

Enjoy!