View Full Version : Bluetooth Headset on Axim X51

OSUKid7
02-03-2007, 07:09 PM
I'll admit I've been out of the Pocket PC scene for awhile, choosing the other Windows Mobile path (http://www.SmartphoneThoughts.com) for my main device. I'm starting to use my Axim X51v more recently, and while traveling abroad in a few months, it will be my main computing device for a week.

I'd like to know if it's possible to use my Bluetooth headset with my Axim X51v (WM5). I have the A12 ROM installed, and can get as far as pairing my headset with my Axim. However, I don't see any profiles available, and the "Set as Hands-free" option is grayed out.

I knew these were problems a year or so ago, but somehow I thought I read these problems were fixed. I've searched the forums and have seen some notices to a Widcomm replacement Bluetooth stack or other hacks, but I'm not sure what the right way to enable the Bluetooth headset profile is.

I'd appreciate any help. Thanks!

ADBrown
02-03-2007, 07:41 PM
The standard Bluetooth stack doesn't support this. You need to install the Widcomm Bluetooth stack, which can be found in the forums on Aximsite.com.

Sven Johannsen
02-04-2007, 03:49 AM
I was poking around at AximSite to see if there was a solid solution for my X50v. There were a good number of posts that indicated it did work with A12. There is a 12/6/2006 patch on Dell's site. Maybe it did more than indicated. I'd dig a little, before going the stack surgery route.

OSUKid7
02-04-2007, 04:33 AM
I was poking around at AximSite to see if there was a solid solution for my X50v. There were a good number of posts that indicated it did work with A12. There is a 12/6/2006 patch on Dell's site. Maybe it did more than indicated. I'd dig a little, before going the stack surgery route.
Yeah, I thought I remembered reading something along those lines, but even after I installed that 12/6/2006 patch yesterday, I couldn't see any difference.