View Full Version : Can an HTC Wizard output WMP10 audio to a bluetooth headset?

PDANEWBIE
02-02-2007, 05:37 PM
Well I got in trouble last week for having the 2 ear earbud headphones on but I noticed the boss has no problem with people with those single ear headsets on to take calls.

Is there any way to get the HTC Wizard to output WMP 10 audio to these single ear headsets? My wife bought a motorola bluetooth earpiece a year or so ago before I bought her a Jabra. I was able to hook it up to get calls but when I played music the Wizard started the music out of the speakers again.

Is there a specific bluetooth profile the earpiece must support?

What should I be looking for?

Sven Johannsen
02-03-2007, 04:31 AM
You should be looking for software, and possibly not expecting too much.
Out of the box the Wizard doesn't support A2DP, the profile needed for stereo headsets, nor does it allow playing music over the headset/handsfree profile. That is by design. The headset/handsfree assumes you may be listening to tunes, on the normal audio speakers or headphones, and cuts that out when a call happens. That's why phone and music audio are usually mutually exclusive.

There is A2DP software out there for the Wizard but I don't find it particularly effective. Seems to skip and drop out too much. Works though.

Another option is the TekSoft BlueMusic software that is on the front page today (2 Feb). It is supposed to let you listen to tunes over a standard BT phone headset. Note that those things are designed for voice, not music. Bet the quality suffers. Depends a lot on the actual headset.

If you are going to accept a single BT headset, why not just use your wired ones and only have one in an ear. People do still use wired headsets to talk on their phones. Just make sure it has a microphone bulge in the cord for the boss.

PDANEWBIE
02-04-2007, 04:13 PM
It's a boss thing and the wires are what he doesn't care for? I looked into that front page thing and I may have to give that a go. Heck I would settle for one of those jackets that have the hidden pockets and cable paths but in FL running around with a jacket on is a little silly.

Sven Johannsen
02-04-2007, 07:31 PM
Technically the wired handsfree sets are much more secure than the BT ones, but I wouldn't go pointing that out. Probably get those banned too, and tick off your co-workers.

Did find this, and it's not the only one of it's kind. Seems that people are becoming aware there is a hole in the market with all the media capable cell phones coming out.

http://www.jabra.com/JabraCMS/EM/EN/MainMenu/Products/MobileMusic/JabraBT8010/JabraBT8010

You still have the issue of the profiles supported by the Wizard. The phone (handsfree/headset) and the stereo (H2DP) are normally mutually exclusive and the Wizard doesn't come with the latter.