View Full Version : Help please: I lost my Bluetooth Icon and have skipping Music

rmo67
02-01-2007, 01:03 PM
I have the following equipment:

Dell Axim X51V ROM12(newest model purchased in December 2006)
Motoroloa Headset HT820
and also I sometimes use a Bluetooth Reciever for my PC Speakers.
Installed:
Broadcom Bluetooth StackX51V05.cab
Aximsite_wirelessPower.cab

Problem is the same when using either the headphones or the speakers with the Dell:

I have installed all the tweaks using the downloaded tweaks provided both on here and also the other tweak:

WidcommBtConfigSerialTransportFlowTransport.reg
WidcommA2DPLineSpeedHack.reg
WidcommA2DPBlocksAndSubbandHack.reg

I have even increased my proccessor power to max and also to auto.

So I tried to reset the speed here is what I did:

change these values :
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\WIDCOMM\BtConfig\Seria lTransport]
BaudRate=115200 (Won't start at higher rate.)
Device=COM
FlowControl=0
Parity=0
Port=1 (This is the most important thing!)
-soft reset
-at the today screen you will find a BT icon, click on it and have fun

Did the above, Port was originally set to 5, I changed it to 1 / Also changed the baud rate from 115200 to 921600(note: After I made the above changes and did a soft reset I got the flowing message: the Bluetooth Radio failed to turn on due to insufficient driver memory available. You must perform a normal rest before you can turn on the Bluetooth radio. ---But I also tried a hard reset and got the same message ---Then I lost my Bluetooth all together, the little widcomm Icon on the bottom right of the screen is gone now, when I go into settings and try to click on it it gives me the same message: the Bluetooth Radio failed to turn on due to insufficient driver memory available. You must perform a normal rest before you can turn on the Bluetooth radio. So I changed the above back to the original settings: baud rate to 115200 and Port to 5---and I the Bluetooth is still not there on the bottom of the screen anymore and when I try to go to settings and click on it I am still getting the same message about the memory driver. Finally after everything else, I pushed the little wifi and Bluetooth button on the side and the little white screen with the option of turning either one on or off came one, but it froze so I had to do a hard reset and then my Bluetooth icon was back and I was able to use activesync. Still have no idea what happened. This is a Dell Axim X51V which should have plenty of driver memory and this should not have happened).

So even though I got my bluetooth back, I am also back to my original settings and still having the skipping problem. I am a little scared to try to change the settings again, however I really want to be able to listen to my music without skipping.

I use my Dell both with my wifi in order to stream music from Shoutcast, that is how I connect to the internet and also I use my dell's SD Memory card to listen to music, both times I get the skipping. Also I have both programs: GSPlayer and TCPMP, but when I go to Shoutcast.com using I.E. and click on the station I want to lsiten to only GSPlayer comes up and I have not found anything in TCPMP that allows me to set it as the default player nor go to a url. Can anyone help:
How to set it so it will not skip anymore?
How to change the settings without loosing my bluetooth again (since this is the x51v there shoudl be plenty of driver memory on it)
How to make it so I can listen to both streaming and SD card without skips?

Thank you