View Full Version : Vista and my Vario (HTC)

pgraber
01-31-2007, 11:24 AM
I've just been guided to download the current beta of WMDC for my new Vista installation. I don't know why it's not made clear when you buy Vista that this piece of software is missing!
Howeverunfortunately it still doesn't work. I've installed the Beta but when I connect my Vario, it firstly successfully installs drivers BUT then I get an error message "Unhandled exception in thread System", "Windows Mobile Device Centre has stopped working", and that the following call stack has been copied to the clipboard (see bottom of post). I'm copying the whole thing 'cos I know there are some technical geniuses on this forum, with apologies for the long post. Any help very gratefully received!!

Paul Graber

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'Backup.stg' is denied.
at System.IO.Directory.DeleteHelper(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive)
at System.IO.Directory.Delete(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive)
at Microsoft.WindowsMobile.DeviceManager.Partnership.Delete(IWin32Window promptOwner, PartnershipDeletionOptions options)
at Microsoft.WindowsMobile.DeviceManager.Partnership2003.Delete(IWin32Window promptOwner, PartnershipDeletionOptions options)
at Microsoft.WindowsMobile.DeviceManager.PartnershipCollection.Delete(IPartnership partnership, IWin32Window promptOwner, PartnershipDeletionOptions options)
at Microsoft.WindowsMobile.DeviceManager.PartnershipCollection.AddPartnershipFromRegistry(String partnerKeyName)
at Microsoft.WindowsMobile.DeviceManager.PartnershipCollection.Refresh()
at Microsoft.WindowsMobile.DeviceManager.PartnershipCollection.Initialize()
at Microsoft.WindowsMobile.DeviceManager.PartnershipCollection.<.ctor>b__4(Object )
at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback(Object state)

pgraber
01-31-2007, 06:03 PM
I have eventually resolved this with help from someone on another forum. I had to delete a folder relating back to an old iPAQ h2210 I've long since sold. It was a file in this that was preventing my Vario from syncing - goodness knows why, but it seems to be fixed!