View Full Version : Activesync woes - what is WCESMgr???

Ratel10mm
01-30-2007, 04:28 PM
Hi all

Not posted for a while now, & sadly enough my first one is ref. a problem:

Can anyone tell me how to fix this error message?

WCESMgr.exe - Application Error

The instruction at "0x7c911bf4" referenced memory at "oxooooocba". The memory could not be "written".

Click on OK to terminate the program
Click on CANCEL to debufg the program

I've tried uninstalling Activsync & re-installing.
I've tried upgrading to AS4.2.
I've tried a hard reset of my device.
I've tried receding to AS3.8.

No joy so far. I've had a look around the forums & tried a few suggestions, but can't get the blasted thing to work. :evil:

My PC is on Windows XP Pro Vesion 2002, SP2

My PDA is an Ipaq 5550, with a 1G SD card.

The error has appeared occasionally with increasing frequency until total lockdown today, for the past few weeks. IT can't help as they don't support private PDA's, even if they're attached to the work network & used for business! :roll:

Can anyone help?

adecom
02-02-2007, 03:15 PM
Hello. I'm a newbie on this forum, but have been a PocketPC user for a few years now, having migrated from Palm

I had a similar problem, and found this site while searching the web.

WCESMgr (Windows CE Sync Manager?) was basically hogging 92%+ of my processor and not cancelling after sync had finished - causing sync errors and my normally reasonably OK PC (IBM R51, Windows XP SP2) to run *really* slow. :oops:

I tried the repair (reinstall ActiveSync 4.2 without un-installing) to no avail :( , so I went the whole hog and backed up my sync folder to another disc, deleted the partnership, uninstalled ActiveSync 4.2 and Plus! powertoys for Pocket PC and re-started.
PC now OK! :)
Reinstalled ActiveSync 4.2 from scratch and everything's back to normal - Pc still running OK, Sync'ing properly, WCESMgr stopping once synchronisation finished. :D

Hope this helps

Ratel10mm
02-02-2007, 05:32 PM
Thanks. I hadn't thought of deleting all the sync files too. I'll give that a go & see what happens! :)

forx
02-09-2007, 03:24 PM
hi,it doesnt fire up if you have a firewall running that hasnt been configured to let it thru.
i think therell be 3 seperate instances that need to have rules set to allow it.