View Full Version : PoctPC Outlook question for Audivox 6700 Phone

drschem
01-24-2007, 06:40 PM
Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:41 am Post subject: Outlook Synch and Audiovox 6700 Pocket PC Phone

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just deleted everything in my Outlook becuase I had a combination of contacts from another program (Goldmine) and my Pocket PC (Audiovox 6700) I figured if I delete everything in Outlook I could just re-synch from my pocket pc (Audiovox 6700)

My concern is if I do a synch with that Outlook. It will delete from my Pocket PC (Audiovox 6700).

My question is how do I reload from my Pocket PC (Audiovox 6700) WITHOUT lossing any of my information?

Thanks

DR Schemerhorn
607-562-2332

JesterMania
01-24-2007, 09:26 PM
Maybe another member can confirm this but I'm 99.9% sure that when syncing contacts, they are always added, never removed. Therefore, ActiveSync will do a comparison of what contacts are missing from your PC/PPC and do a sync so missing contacts are added to each (in this case, all PPC contacts are added to the empty PC contact list). At least that's how it works for me everytime. If you want an extra level of reassurance, grab a trial version of Spb Backup or equivalent and do a backup of your contacts first. That way, nothing can go wrong :mrgreen: .

applejosh
01-24-2007, 11:07 PM
I'm pretty sure that you can delete contacts this way, especially if the same partnership exists that did when you deleted everything. The best way I can think of approaching this is to backup your system using SPBBackup or equivalent. Then back it up again. Then I'd delete the partnership from ActiveSync (both the device and on the desktop). Then I'd try syncing again (setting up a new partnership, etc.), and when asked (hopefully), choose combine.

But I take no responsibility for this if it partially or completely wipes everything out.

JesterMania
01-25-2007, 12:04 AM
Yeah I forgot to mention that the partnership should be deleted prior to syncing.

anonymous99
02-05-2007, 04:47 AM
there is an option that you can choose to combine or replace either PPC or PC. When you have your device connected and not synching with your PC you will see these options from Active Sync.

By the way it is good to have some backup software on your PC and PPC. I suggest Ghost on the PC and Sprite Backup on your PPC. :D