View Full Version : Wireless Setting keeps re-setting

Golfer
01-21-2007, 11:39 AM
I am replacing my old ipaq 5550 with a newer one. I use a wireless access point in my home using WEP.

My problem is that my newer ipaq does not connect to my home ap automatically ie the flashing led remains amber and the antenna icon appears. This is not a major problem as I can re-enter the wep key every time. Although it is a bit annoying.

Basically there is a setting "The key is provided for me automatically" in the Configure Network Authentication on the ipaq. When this is unchecked and the right wep key entered then it works. However, when I turn of the wireless and then turn it on again the setting above is checked on again!!! This also happens everytime I re-power the ipaq. How can I keep the setting from re-checking itself?

Thanks in advance.

chrisley
07-11-2007, 01:40 AM
For years I didn't have this problem, but now I do. Did you manage to find a solution?

Thanks,

Ron

Cybrid
07-13-2007, 08:11 AM
I am replacing my old ipaq 5550 with a newer one. I use a wireless access point in my home using WEP.

My problem is that my newer ipaq does not connect to my home ap automatically ie the flashing led remains amber and the antenna icon appears. This is not a major problem as I can re-enter the wep key every time. Although it is a bit annoying.

Basically there is a setting "The key is provided for me automatically" in the Configure Network Authentication on the ipaq. When this is unchecked and the right wep key entered then it works. However, when I turn of the wireless and then turn it on again the setting above is checked on again!!! This also happens everytime I re-power the ipaq. How can I keep the setting from re-checking itself?

Thanks in advance.Which "newer " Ipaq?