View Full Version : i am new and want gps for my ppc 6700 real bad

chewy14
01-20-2007, 04:43 AM
i am new to pocket pc. i have a ppc 6700 and it says it is gps capable. i was wondering if there was any type of software i can download or buy that will let me use gps. i want to use it just for traveling to tell me when to turn and stuff. All i have is the phone do i HAVE to buy an actuall gps from best buy or something. or can i just use the phone i have i have sprint service plan. if there is something out there that i can download or buy and BAM i have gps can you let me know. if there is one to download is there any free ones out there? also last questions i swear does any body know of free software to download for the phone so i can have the bible on my phone in english. Oh and i'm running windows mobile 5.0[/b]

Cybrid
01-20-2007, 07:12 AM
i am new to pocket pc. i have a ppc 6700 and it says it is gps capable. i was wondering if there was any type of software i can download or buy that will let me use gps. i want to use it just for traveling to tell me when to turn and stuff. All i have is the phone do i HAVE to buy an actuall gps from best buy or something. or can i just use the phone i have i have sprint service plan. if there is something out there that i can download or buy and BAM i have gps can you let me know. if there is one to download is there any free ones out there? also last questions i swear does any body know of free software to download for the phone so i can have the bible on my phone in english. Oh and i'm running windows mobile 5.0[/b]You need hardware and software. A BlueTooth GPS unit since the 6700 doesn't have any other means of connecting to it. You then also need software to use the data from the hardware to "put you on the map".

chewy14
01-20-2007, 09:12 AM
ok thank you about how much would some hardware like that cost

JPD6825
01-20-2007, 03:53 PM
Check out BuyGPSNow.com and Semsons.com and GPSPassion.com and the GPS forum on this site. You ought to be able to find a GPS receiver bundled with software for $100 USD pretty eaily. READ READ READ before you buy. I think the hardware tends to be ahead of the software... find out as much about the software as you can before you buy. I bought an i-Blue 737 GPS receiver bundled with Delorme Street Atlas 2007 from BuyGPSNow last month. I'm pretty happy with it - but I wonder if there might have been a better software choice.

chewy14
01-20-2007, 06:31 PM
ok thanks i'll be sure to check out some of the sites. ummm ok so i'm new to the ppc and i wanna get as much use out of it as i can i have the sprint ppc 6700 any way you can tell me somethings this thing is capable of.... i'm really into gadgets so the more this can do the more i like to show it off.... i know bout windows media player and stuff like that but either diff programs this can run or different things it can do with the programs it already has that i wouldn't know. if not do you know a place i can go that would list some things the phone can do.

Cybrid
01-21-2007, 06:38 AM
Varies by brand name, software package. you could do an "el cheepo" for less than a hundred but ...the results would be far less than satisfactory.

Cybrid
01-21-2007, 06:45 AM
You know a place i can go that would list some things the phone can do.google for "what can I do with my axim?" while written for a different pocket pc...it will give you the gist of what you could do.