View Full Version : Another Bluetooth Headset Problem :(

lee_alkureishi
01-18-2007, 03:24 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all,

I'm sorry to post yet another bluetooth headset woe, but I've looked all around the forum and can't find anyone else with this particular problem...

I've got the dell axim x51v (A06 rom), and have installed the Widcomm stack (latest package, 1.7.1 based), Wireless speed switcher, and today, the BT speed switcher (to see if it helped).

I have the Logitech Mobile Freedom handsfree headset, as I wanted to use skype. I can pair and connect with the headset, but the sound quality is AWFUL. When the headset is connected but not playing any sound, it has a hissing sound and occasionally "pops" in my ear. Windows system sounds (beeps and clicks) are truncated and sound like they have been resampled at very low quality. Music is likewise (I know it's not designed for music, but I was testing it anyway).

When using skype, the sound quality comes and goes, but never sounds acceptable.

Using the widcomm bluetooth manager, it's easy to set up a Headset/Handfree profile for this headset, but it's just not working properly.

I've looked in the forum, but most people seem to be posting about stereo (A2DP) headphones rather than handsfree use. Anyone able to help?

Thanks in advance,

Leeko