View Full Version : Pocket MVP vs. TCPMP

doughboy
01-16-2007, 09:03 PM
Can anyone please advise whether they have installed both Pocket MVP and TCPMP on the same device? If so, did any problems develop? Has anyone been dissatisfied with TCPMP over PMVP?

Pocket MVP works fine on my Ipaq 2210, but I have heard such great things about TCPMP v.72 that I would like to try it out. However, I do not want to take a chance that the acceptable playback of PMVP will suffer.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Nurhisham Hussein
01-17-2007, 09:27 AM
Pocket MVP is kinda old, while TCPMP is VERY up to date. I seriously suggest you give TCPMP a try.

About the only real drawback having both on a single device is they'll fight over file associations, which is a fairly easy problem to get around.

isajoo
02-16-2007, 11:13 AM
tcpmp definitely rocks...it is even better(for me) then their retail $$$ version coreplayer.

moonlonely
02-26-2007, 05:16 PM
TCPMP can handle any file type that MVP can, and it includes many more options for boosting your performance. In fact, until CorePlayer (the commercial software based on TCPMP) gets a few more updates, you can do more with TCPMP than with CorePlayer.

As for file associations, if you click options/settings, file associations in TCPMP, you can check the boxes next to any files you want to automatically open with TCPMP, or uncheck the boxes of files you'd rather not associate. I believe when you install the program, no files associations are changed, but you can make the changes manually.

Jules1968
03-26-2007, 11:46 PM
Monnlonely,

I've been a PDA/Pocket PC user for around 4 years, I have tried using several different Media players but TCMP simply blasts everything else out of the sky.

I use DVD Catalyst to convert DVD's to Divx format, the files are small yet the picture quality is superb, TCMP player runs everything smoothly, the picture qulality couldn't be better.

I have just received a new SPV M600 (imate Jamin) from my phone provider and I was worried that the slower 200Mhz processor (the Jamin's predecessor the Jam had a 400Mhz chip), would have problems handling the higher quality files when playing on TCPMP but no, everything still runs smooth with only a hint of frame judder on the fastest camera pans. Given that I'm watching TV shows on a tiny screen the issue is barely noticable.

The features on the most recent version mean that you can adjust colour, brightness, there's a graphic equalizer plus loads of other tweaks that I haven't even played with.

I recently upgraded to Vista and have been converting Microsoft's dvrm files onto my ppc using AVS media's Video Converter software, the conversions have a bit of frame judder but that's not the fault of TCMP player. I understand that the makers of DVD catalyst have the Dvrm conversion well in hand for the next version of the software.

My only gripe is that there don't seem to be any skins available for it, as the front-end interface is a bit, well, plain. But given the fact that the software has never given me any problems, I can't really moan.

Sorry if I/'m rambling on...Just install TCMP player, you won't be disappointed.

I only wish I could remove Windows Mobile Media Player to free up some memory.