View Full Version : PocketPC, used as bluetooth handsfree carkit! is it possible???

horby
01-11-2007, 05:42 PM
I have a MIO P550 pocket pc (built in GPS, bluetooth and wifi) running PC mobile 5.0 with TomTom Nav 6.

Is there a peice of software that will let me use it as a 'handsfree,' kit for my mobile phone? :?:

thanks

Horby

Nurhisham Hussein
01-12-2007, 02:17 AM
Welcome to PPCT!

Unfortunately, what you're looking for isn't possible at all - it has to do with the lack of the appropriate BT profiles on your device (or any other PDA for that matter).

horby
01-16-2007, 02:15 PM
thanks for your response nurisham,

According to the Mio website there is a third party peice of software that runs on Win mobile that will do this.

Unfortunately they do not give its name.

If what you say is true, then they are misleading people?!

I'll just have to keep looking, thanks anyway.

Nurhisham Hussein
01-17-2007, 09:23 AM
According to the Mio website there is a third party peice of software that runs on Win mobile that will do this.

Can you give me a link to where it says that? This question comes up now and again, and if they found an app that can do this, it's something the whole community ought to know.

horby
01-18-2007, 04:32 PM
No prob's! from their FAQs page.

http://www.mio-tech.be/faqs/index.php?action=artikel&cat=386026&id=213&artlang=en

I have also e-mailed there suuport to ask them to name the software, but as yet have had no respopnse.

regards H

Nurhisham Hussein
01-19-2007, 08:36 AM
horby, I hate to disappoint you but from my reading of that link it appears to refer to the 'handsfree' profile that is required to pair your PDA with a bluetooth headset, not for using your PDA as a handsfree device. The former is very common - in fact I'm flabbergasted that your Mio doesn't have it. The latter as I've said is not at the current time possible.

Odie
01-23-2007, 11:06 PM
Hi!

I've been trying to figure out the same thing. Theres a dutch site that refers to a program called mphone. I didn't understand all of it, my dutch isn't that good :wink:

I tried to install the software, but I haven't got it working properly yet. Maybe you can give it a try? Here's a link to the site of mobem: http://www.mobem.com/products/mphone25/index.php

Nurhisham Hussein
01-24-2007, 02:27 AM
Welcome to PPCT, odie!

I'm afraid mPhone won't be able to do it - it's a phone manager. The communication is two way but only in terms of data and commands, not audio. It doesn't install the headset profile on your PDA.

Edit: Just to clarify, the "Bluetooth headset" support seen on the product page means that calls initiated through the program will be passed through to any headset paired with your phone, not that it will turn your PDA into a bluetooth headset.

CoffeeKid
04-01-2007, 06:05 AM
horby, I hate to disappoint you but from my reading of that link it appears to refer to the 'handsfree' profile that is required to pair your PDA with a bluetooth headset, not for using your PDA as a handsfree device. The former is very common - in fact I'm flabbergasted that your Mio doesn't have it. The latter as I've said is not at the current time possible.

Just reviving a slightly old thread.

I bought the Mio P550 on sale at London Drugs a few weeks ago, and am both impressed and frustrated with the device.

I'm trying to figure out something - are you saying there's third party software to make the Mio P550 pair with a bluetooth headset (forget the phone side of things). I have three BT headsets, and all three only pair as a "serial device", not as a headset.

It's incredibly frustrating, because I want to use this pda as a sometimes-skype unit, what with the built in wifi. All three headsets I have can pair, but not as a headset.

Also, when I pair the Mio P550 with my BT enabled computers, it gets registered as a "network adapter". Just insane. As a result, I can't sync via activesync over BT.

Anyone know how to get around these issues with the Mio P550? It's a great PDA, except for the BT problems (and also the problem of it requiring a hard reset from time to time, and the date jumping to Oct, 2082 every few days).

Mark

Cybrid
04-01-2007, 09:58 AM

Just reviving a slightly old thread.

I bought the Mio P550 on sale at London Drugs a few weeks ago, and am both impressed and frustrated with the device.

I'm trying to figure out something - are you saying there's third party software to make the Mio P550 pair with a bluetooth headset (forget the phone side of things). I have three BT headsets, and all three only pair as a "serial device", not as a headset.

It's incredibly frustrating, because I want to use this pda as a sometimes-skype unit, what with the built in wifi. All three headsets I have can pair, but not as a headset.

Also, when I pair the Mio P550 with my BT enabled computers, it gets registered as a "network adapter". Just insane. As a result, I can't sync via activesync over BT.

Anyone know how to get around these issues with the Mio P550? It's a great PDA, except for the BT problems (and also the problem of it requiring a hard reset from time to time, and the date jumping to Oct, 2082 every few days).

MarkBased on the assembler I think you do not have the headset profile. http://www.bluetooth.com/Bluetooth/Assembler.htm?assemble=true&path=Device&categoryId=10&manufacture=Mitac+International+corp.&model=2345&need=22&pindex1=0