View Full Version : Problem with iPAQ h1900 Series - Cannot Charge

23jordan23
01-09-2007, 05:41 PM
Please help...

I am new to the forum and I am hoping that someone here can help me. I have an iPAQ h1900 series and I cannot get the battery to recharge. I accidentaly left it docked and charging at work over the Christmas break and when I came back the battery was dead and I cannot get it to recharge (didn't think that this was a problem). I initially thought it was the battery, but after purchasing a new one and replacing the battery it still will not charge. I have an AC adapter that allows it to charge while syncing to Outlook (standard one that came with it). It will still sync through the port using the standard adapter that comes with it, but won't recharge any batteries. One thing I have noticed is that there is a lot of hear generated on the device near wear the adapter is plugged into the iPAQ, something I don't ever remember noticing.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what the problem might be. I don't know if there is something that overheated internally or what, but I am hoping for a cheap solution.

Thanks in advance.....

fairyliquidizer
02-08-2007, 10:51 PM
try charging one of the batteries in the spare battery charger area of the charger.

Smokey Joe
02-09-2007, 03:55 AM
My Son recently could not charge his iPaq 1940. As he lives some 1200 kilometres away i could not check his device. Sent him a new AC adapter and charger adapter. Turns out the problem was the AC adapter which was dead. When he connected his device to the new charger the battery started charging immediately. Perhaps you can try a new charger and/or charger adapter. On the other hand if you have heat burns around the USB port it may be that you need to send it to HP for repairs. It should charge from the coputer when connected and synced.

iPaq 3630,3970,4150,5550 and 5965 travel Companion.