View Full Version : Two programs - do they exist?

graceless
01-06-2007, 01:52 AM
Hi guys,

I'm looking for two different programs/apps that I'm not sure if they exist. My phone is an O2 Atom, running windows mobile 5

The first one is not so important, but I would love it if it existed. A program that will temporarily block your ability to send SMSes to people - preferably selecting specific people. Something that will stop drunken SMSes getting you in trouble! Anything like that out there?

The second program I would really really like. I use my phone for both work and personal stuff, and subsequently I have it permanently on blocking my ID/number whenever I call someone. This is essential with work stuff, but it annoys the hell out of my mates and often means they don't answer cause they don't know who it is.

So, is there a program that will allow you whether to hide or show your number for select people?

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards,
Grace

edtech2000
01-06-2007, 08:51 AM
Hi, Grace,
Here in the USA we use *82 to selectively reveal our caller ID if we have permanent blocking. Whenever I enter a friend's phone number into my contact list, I precede the number with *82. That way, if I use the contact list to make the call, my number will be automatically displayed.
Patti

graceless
01-06-2007, 09:01 AM
Hi, Grace,
Here in the USA we use *82 to selectively reveal our caller ID if we have permanent blocking. Whenever I enter a friend's phone number into my contact list, I precede the number with *82. That way, if I use the contact list to make the call, my number will be automatically displayed.
Patti

Thanks for that Patti. I just tried it, and the phone company says the number is incomplete or incorrect.

Bugger!