View Full Version : Pocket PC Techs Now Official US and Canadian i-mate Authorized Repair Center

Jason Dunn
12-29-2006, 07:30 AM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.pocketpctechs.com' target='_blank'>http://www.pocketpctechs.com</a><br /><br /></div>I've dealt with the folks at Pocket PC Techs for a few years now, and have nothing but good things to say about them, so I view this partnership as a great thing - especially since I do not hold an equally high opinion of i-mate tech support. I think this is a good move for the i-mate brand, being associated with an experienced, customer-oriented business like Pocket PC Techs. The full press release is below.<br /><br />"On Dec. 17, 2006, PocketPCTechs.com was declared the official US and Canadian i-mate Authorized Repair Center, servicing all i-mate devices, both under warranty and out of warranty. “We are extremely pleased to become one of i-mate’s Authorized Repair Centers,” said Leonard Wesson, CEO of PocketPCTechs.com. “We are confident that our qualified staff and team of advanced technicians will be able to offer i-mate customers efficient and comprehensive service.” I-mate devices will be coming in to PocketPCTechs.com, located in Fountain Valley, Ca., from the United States and Canada. The entire i-mate PDA family will be accepted for service, including the popular JAM, JASJAR, Smartflip and JASJAM. <br /><br />“We’re very excited to begin this relationship with PocketPCTechs.com,” said Hector Lopez C, Director of Sales and Business Development (Americas) for i-mate. “We are confident that they will diligently represent our company's integrity and dedication to customer satisfaction. Since establishing our presence in the US, we have expanded our service center presence into Canada and Latin America. As our customer base continues to grow, more service centers will be added around the world.”<br /><!><br />Customers with warranty devices will start the repair process by ordering the diagnostic service. If the customer’s device is confirmed to be under warranty, the diagnostic fee and return FedEx Ground shipping fee will be waived. Customers with out-of-warranty devices will be asked to review the Out-of-Warranty Services section of PocketPCTechs.com’s i-mate Web site to see if the repair needed is offered. If the repair cannot be found on the site, the customer should then order the diagnostic service. No charges will be made to customers’ credit card until their device is confirmed as either under or out-of-warranty, and all work has been completed. <br /><br />“It’s a great way to expose a new realm of people to our products and services,” Wesson said. “We’re grateful for the opportunity.”For more information regarding PocketPCTechs’ services and products, please call (714)839-5300, visit the company Web site at PocketPCTechs.com , or PocketPCTechs’ official i-mate service center Web site at <a href="http://www.pocketpctechs.com/imate">http://www.pocketpctechs.com/imate</a> ."

ctmagnus
12-29-2006, 07:40 AM
This is great. One of the reasons I stuck with HP for five years is because they have a Canadian repair centre, and boy did I ever make use of it!

Possibly the only thing that could make the i-Mate/PPCTechs deal better (imo) is if PPCTechs started selling extended warranties for i-Mate devices bought from other vendors.

Ed Hansberry
12-29-2006, 03:04 PM
wow, going from an independent third party supplier of parts, accessories and services to an official support channel speaks highly of PPCTechs. well done!

Pdaholic
12-29-2006, 05:17 PM
iMate's last US service center, TOPPS, was terrible. I sent them my Universal with a malfunctioning digitizer, and they told me the problem was that the ROM needed updating. I had updated the ROM before sending it to them :roll: Complete idiots, and I had to go through multiple people whenever I called. PPCTech are first class all the way!

Sven Johannsen
12-29-2006, 09:53 PM
Hot ziggies this is good news. I have had some upgrades and repairs done by PPCTechs and they are first rate. Had a SmartFlip that needed repair and it almost 2 months to finally get it back using I-Mates previous US warranty service. Half of that was wasted in them deciding they couldn't do it and having to sending it to Dubai. All that with no contact without me asking.

Wonder if this now negates the warranty voiding when you get a PPCTechs upgrade ? ;) Do they do JasJar memory upgrades? Hmmm.

LWesson
01-04-2007, 10:35 PM
Hot ziggies this is good news. I have had some upgrades and repairs done by PPCTechs and they are first rate.

Wonder if this now negates the warranty voiding when you get a PPCTechs upgrade ? ;) Do they do JasJar memory upgrades? Hmmm.

We've upgraded the JasJar but have not gotten the system to recognize it.

I wish it negated the warranty issue. But it doesn't. If we upgrade the unit, it will void the warranty. :(

Sven Johannsen
01-06-2007, 03:49 AM
I wish it negated the warranty issue. But it doesn't. If we upgrade the unit, it will void the warranty. :(
But I'd send it to you to fix it if it breaks :wink: You couldn't overlook the extra memory when I send it to you because the keyboard doesn't work :) I'm kidding really. I understand the responsibility you have and the integrity you have to maintain to keep the designation. Wouldn't want you to compromise that.