View Full Version : Power Users

cbarrie
12-23-2006, 01:27 PM
I had to change up to a PPC from a Palm device(Clie TH55). This experience is like shftting from an Apple computer to a PC...
As a new PPC user I am wondering just what software power users find most helpful, and how they might set up their devices for best performance, including doing office work, communications etc.
I have a new rw6828 and now realise how "flexible" the device is but unlike the Palm devices find that there is not a lot of sound advice out there. Also I did set up few downloaded programs on the device but found 5 of them were not really up to expectations.

JesterMania
12-23-2006, 04:56 PM
I think maybe it's better if you tell us what sorts of programs you want and users here can give recommendations. Another way to find out what's popular for Windows Mobile is to go to websites such as PocketGear and Handango. They have categories of software and they'll tell you what's popular. When I first got my PPC a year ago, that's what I did and I found that helped a lot.

Carty
12-23-2006, 05:08 PM
See if this helps (http://www.pocketpc-live.com/10-best-softwares-for-your-pocket-pc.html).

Regards,
Carty..

cbarrie
12-26-2006, 08:01 AM
Thanks Carty that link looks very useful...I shall explore it in more detail now.
Chris Barrie

Menneisyys
12-27-2006, 01:19 AM
I also recommend the software reviews / roundups I've posted in the Software forum here at PPCT. You'll find them pretty useful, I hope :)