View Full Version : Windows Mobile 5 and Alarm Issues

xena4gab
12-19-2006, 12:09 PM
I recently purchased the Vodafone 1605 (the HTC Hermes) and its been great apart from an alarm niggle. When I set an alarm it goes off but has stopped giving me the option to dismiss it and the only way I've found to stop it is to use the application Memmaid to clear out notications in the queue. Has anyone seen this and how can I get the notifaction pop-up to re-appear?

martin_ayton
12-19-2006, 04:27 PM
I had it happen to me this morning (at 5:50am - my wife was *not* pleased). Even deleting the alarm from the notifications queue and turning the alarms off in the alarm screen didn't help. Two soft resets in a row was the only thing which sorted it out :( .

bnycastro
12-20-2006, 06:31 AM
I've given up on alarms on Windows Mobile, I use my watch as my alarm. :twisted:

alex.puddephatt
12-20-2006, 09:12 PM
I have same problem with my 2-month old mobile (HTC TYTN) - couldn't solve the alarm going off when not required - Calendar sets daily reminders for 'midnight' :!: and I can't find where to change the notification time.

Consequently I'm switched back to my Nokia mobile for my alarm clock. A Real shame :evil:

ppcsurfr
01-29-2007, 04:11 AM
Looks like you guys are al suffering from some sort of Notification Cue problems.

Anyway, this is something I have not really encountered. While I consider myself lucky, that I don't have those problems, I've been enjoying the alarms of Windows Mobile 5.0 with Spb Pocket Plus. At least it now works giving me repeating alarms that can really bug me until I get up from bed.

yildi
02-17-2007, 02:33 AM
I have observed that I cannot count on STopTime to wake me up on my new TyTN (it was perfectly working on my iPAQ 4700 WM5). I have tested several alarm softs and have decided to buy Chronos because it was the most straightforward to setup and the most reliable. I have been using it for two weeks and it worked every morning. I am quite happy with it even if StopTime is a very beautiful freeware...

rim
02-19-2007, 10:34 PM
I have observed that I cannot count on STopTime to wake me up on my new TyTN (it was perfectly working on my iPAQ 4700 WM5). I have tested several alarm softs and have decided to buy Chronos because it was the most straightforward to setup and the most reliable. I have been using it for two weeks and it worked every morning. I am quite happy with it even if StopTime is a very beautiful freeware...

Consider the WAWA alarm software as well (www.novii.tv/pocketpc/wawa) . It's incredible as it will let your handheld turn on your TV or any multimedia device (or even TV + Cab simultaneously like I did) to wake you up in the morning. Or you can use it as a conventional alarm software.

elainehm
02-20-2007, 10:44 PM
I have a SPVM3100 and can't get the alarm notification to work also. Has there been a solution found for this problem?

thanks
Elaine

AESM
03-19-2007, 01:26 PM
Hi,

Have an alarm "Dogbark.wav" that refuses to go away. That is, although all the built in Windows 5 alarm settings are check clear; the dog barks at 4:30am every day. There is no option to turn it off. Very annoying!

Tried after market file managers to delete the file; however, it is a ROM file that is set as "Read Only" that can't be deleted.

Went into the registry and deleted all references to this annoying dog wave file; however, the dog continues to bark every morning regardless.

HELP! IT IS DRIVING ME CRAZY!

HP HW 6945
128 MB RAM

Texican
05-02-2007, 12:04 AM
I fixed this problem using Memmaid: http://www.dinarsoft.com/ and alarmToday: http://www.pocketmax.net/alarmToday.html on my Cingular 8525.

1. Run Memmaid and go to the notification queue. Search for duplicate entries and delete them. Then delete all notifications that are blank, or have entries prior to the current day (like May 1, 1999) or seem strange (like May 1, 2099).
2. Install alarmToday and go to the advanced settings. Check the entries for wakeup fix and WM 5.0 optimisation. I think this may require a soft reset (don't really remember) so if it does just run Memmaid again and scan your notifications again to be sure.
3. Be sure to power the device completely off (NOT SOFT RESET WHICH WILL DUPLICATE YOUR ENTRIES AGAIN) and then back on again.
4. Enjoy your restored alarms, notifications and reminders! :D

I go through these steps each time I soft reset because sometimes I have duplicate or blank entries in the notification queue and sometimes I don't. If I knew how to fix that I probably wouldn't have to go through these steps.