View Full Version : Pocket PC connection in Car

windmiller
12-17-2006, 11:20 PM
I want to start listening to Podcasts in my car (2004 Honda Accord) using my HTC Hermes. From what I understand my choices are to either purchase and expesiive (100-200) ipod style kit to connect to the auxillary plug or use a FM transmitter.

For those of you listening to your Pocket PC in your car, what are you using?

I can't wait to check out Podcasts during my commute! It seems Feedreader is the app of choice, any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Darius Wey
12-18-2006, 01:44 AM
For low bitrate content such as podcasts, an FM transmitter will work perfectly. It most likely won't come with a stand for the Hermes, but that shouldn't be a deal breaker.

Sven Johannsen
12-18-2006, 03:48 AM
expesiive (100-200) ipod style kit to connect to the auxillary plug

? Does your stereo have an Aux in? Then you would just need an earphone jack to that Aux in jack, cable. $10-20 at most.

isajoo
12-19-2006, 08:37 AM
well unless u want to start changing the headunit in it, best bet will be fm transmitter. checkout ledshoppe dot com, they have one for dirty cheap. shipping is also free. i have a sony cd deck in my 02 civic and it has rca inputs, also have a custom side mounted 6.4" lcd screen to watch movies...still trying to get the video from my ppc to the screen. ppc has vga out, but lcd screen has rca composite only.ordered a vga to rca video cable, hope it works.

windmiller
12-20-2006, 01:32 PM
Apparently the car does have an extra Aux, its just finding it. I am familar with PC hardware but know nothing about the hardware in a car.
As far as the FM Transmitter is concerned is there any good model/brand to stick with?

Thanks for the replies, much appreciated.