View Full Version : T-Mobile Dash browser loads only about 80% of some pages?

stevenf
12-14-2006, 07:21 AM
I'm trying out a T-Mobile Dash, and while IE seems to load the majority of everything, there are some pages that I just can't get it to load no matter what I try.

If you have a Dash, could you do me a favor and try to load either macrumors.com or daringfireball.net and tell me if they load completely?

On mine, the progress bar gets to about 80% pretty quickly then just stays there. Always. I've let it sit for 15+ minutes and it never goes any further.

Other sites pull up fine. And the two sites above work fine on my desktop.

Please give it a try if you have a Dash or other smartphone device on T-Mobile, and let me know! Thanks!

Cybrid
12-17-2006, 05:23 AM
I'm trying out a T-Mobile Dash, and while IE seems to load the majority of everything, there are some pages that I just can't get it to load no matter what I try.

If you have a Dash, could you do me a favor and try to load either macrumors.com or daringfireball.net and tell me if they load completely?

On mine, the progress bar gets to about 80% pretty quickly then just stays there. Always. I've let it sit for 15+ minutes and it never goes any further.

Other sites pull up fine. And the two sites above work fine on my desktop.

Please give it a try if you have a Dash or other smartphone device on T-Mobile, and let me know! Thanks!PIE and other mobile browsers have limitations. Not everything will work. Try alternate browsers like Opera Mobile.

stevenf
12-17-2006, 10:10 AM
I just found it odd because it wasn't a rendering bug or anything, it just never finishes loading the page. But only on those specific sites.

Can anyone else with WM Smartphone confirm?

Janak Parekh
12-17-2006, 04:40 PM
Can anyone else with WM Smartphone confirm?
You're much more likely to get a useful response on our sister site, Smartphone Thoughts (www.smartphonethoughts.com). Most of us here use Pocket PCs as our main device.

Good luck,

--janak

stevenf
12-18-2006, 05:23 AM
You're much more likely to get a useful response on our sister site, Smartphone Thoughts (www.smartphonethoughts.com)

Thanks, Janak. I'll try over there.