View Full Version : alt+tab functionality on pc for wm5

islandsnow
12-13-2006, 07:51 PM
is there an app (or built in?) where i can switch open/running applications using my thumb keyboard, instead of having to take the stylus out and taping the application in my wisbar bar? sort of the equivalent of doing a alt+tab on my desktop pc.

the device i have is a ipaq hw6945. thanks...

Darius Wey
12-14-2006, 12:28 AM
Spb Pocket Plus (http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/products/pocketplus/?en) includes that functionality, although the task switch command is usually mapped to a single hardware button, not a combination of buttons.

islandsnow
12-14-2006, 12:36 AM
cool thanks. thats exactly what i wanted. although i wish they didn't have the other stuff and just had a simple task switcher. i'll check it out.

Spb Pocket Plus (http://www.spbsoftwarehouse.com/products/pocketplus/?en) includes that functionality, although the task switch command is usually mapped to a single hardware button, not a combination of buttons.

Nurhisham Hussein
12-14-2006, 01:53 AM
If you have the latest version of Wisbar Advance 2, it has a selectable shortcut to switch through active tasks (look for "switch tasks" in your button assignment screen) that's assignable to any hardware button - no need to get another application just for this.

islandsnow
12-14-2006, 02:01 AM
i checked in wisbar 2 advanced under button assignments. i can create a custom button which shows switch task on the task bar. which is actually not what i wanted because i still need to use the stylus to tap to change tasks.

but then i went into settings/buttons and was able to assign button 1 to switch task. now i'm not sure if switch task was there as a button assignable option before i installed wisbar 2, or switch task option came with the installation of wisbar2.

but yay, i have what i wanted now... cool... thanks guys!

If you have the latest version of Wisbar Advance 2, it has a selectable shortcut to switch through active tasks (look for "switch tasks" in your button assignment screen) that's assignable to any hardware button - no need to get another application just for this.

Nurhisham Hussein
12-14-2006, 02:44 AM
It's a wisbar thing - if you look at the WA2 folder in start menu->programs, there's a 'switch task' shortcut. It wouldn't be selectable in the hardware button assignment screen otherwise.