View Full Version : Sending PayPal Money with Windows Mobile

Jason Dunn
12-13-2006, 03:00 AM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.pocketpcmag.com/blogs/index.php?blog=2&title=how_to_send_money_using_your_windows_mob&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1' target='_blank'>http://www.pocketpcmag.com/blogs/in...1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1</a><br /><br /></div><i>"Very few people will remember this, but PayPal actually began as a company that was going to allow cash transfers across PDAs. The company was developing software to “beam” cash to your friends using the infrared port on your handheld device. But early in the development stage, the Internet was becoming far more popular than PDAs, and the company changed their strategy to making payments over the Web. Today, PayPal is a massively popular way to send cash to any user. And they’ve finally made good on their original promise: you can now send payments using your Windows Mobile device. And, best of all, it's easy and fun to do! Let's get started..."</i><br /><br />This article covers the steps needed to send money via PayPal, which uses SMS. It's fast and simple, though I think it might be USA-only, because I don't see the option in my account. What I really want is a PayPal mobile client for Windows Mobile, something that allows me to see how much money is available in the account, allows me to access account history, etc. This SMS thing is cool, but not very full-featured. Rich clients rock!

joker
12-13-2006, 08:30 AM
Rich clients rock!No, they don't, web interfaces do.
One client for all interfaces.
And besides that, the security implementation in the web browsers can be trusted more.

ricoks
12-13-2006, 06:50 PM
What I really want is a PayPal mobile client for Windows Mobile, something that allows me to see how much money is available in the account, allows me to access account history, etc. This SMS thing is cool, but not very full-featured. Rich clients rock!

I agree FULL-HEARTEDLY. i used to be able to (IIRC) check balance and transaction just thru mobile web. NOW, it says that it has changed, and can only now do their mobile use (for which i could care less). I use the PayPal business card which draws from my PayPal acct but I would like to know when transactions go thru. This is Important not only to check balances, but also to verify receipt of a payment (ie. auction) so that I can send an email, and ship an item without having to find a computer. to be truly mobile is bliss, but NOT if sites and companies hinder the progression.

Jason Dunn
12-13-2006, 07:56 PM
No, they don't, web interfaces do. One client for all interfaces.
And besides that, the security implementation in the web browsers can be trusted more.

I guess we'll have to disagree then - Web clients for me as last-ditch efforts that, yes, are more compatible, but they pale in comparison to the rich UI, speed, and general usefulness of a local application. Could you imagine loading up your contacts via a Web browser rather than having an application? Rich, local clients that tap into Web data give a much better user experience that I'll take over a Web-based app any day of the week...