View Full Version : A year gone by.

maximus
12-12-2006, 05:31 AM
Time flies.
Can't believe I have been away for more than a year already =)

It is good to see that the forum is still bustling with so much activity, and all the "fun" guys are still here.

Yearend season is coming, companies pouring all the new goodies to the market. HTC is getting more and more active with excalibur, artemis, herald, hermes, trinity, etc. But one thing still stays the same: Users must compromise, we will never get what we really want.

So, I have been using my trusty O2 XDA2s and Dopod 838 for quite sometimes now. Currently looking for worthy PDAphone replacements. Here are the preferred specs:
- No OMAP 850 processors, too slow (Having to wait 8 seconds to launch messaging on my Dopod 838 is simply not fun).
- 3.5" screen .. Hey, am I the only person who want larger screen? Seems like someone in HTC decided to go small screen and leave us no options.
- 3G or HSDPA will be fun.
- Qwerty sliding keyboard.

I guess I have to compromise and start looking at trinity, hermes and XDA flame. Ugh. XDA flame is a close call. I would love to throw away the TV out and camera for a sliding keyboard =)

Anyone else got better suggestion? =)

Menneisyys
12-12-2006, 02:02 PM
Anyone else got better suggestion? =)

I'm also waiting for the O2 Flame. Hope it'll have a Sony screen - not the not-very-good screen used in the Dell x50v/x51v. Then, 3D gaming in Landscape mode will be really cool :)

Jason Dunn
12-12-2006, 05:36 PM
Welcome back - yup, we're all still here. :mrgreen: