View Full Version : HP6315 SD/Active Sync Question

sputnik7
12-11-2006, 09:39 AM
I've had a hand-me-down 6315 PPC/phone for 3 months with only a few minor problems until yesterday.

The battery ran out of juice and I got the message that I would lose valuable data if I didn't correct the situation, but alas it was too late. The unit powered down and when I swapped out batteries it had hard reset.

No worries, I figured I could synch it back to normal. Nope, error messages galore. Rebooted the laptop PC and was then able to sync, no problem. However, some e-textbooks I had on the PPC were no longer accessible, so I thought it best to delete those files from my 1GB SD card and then re-upload them.

Here are the main problems I'm having:
1. Everytime I try to re-upload the textbooks, I get a message that there is not enough memory, which is preposterous for the size of these files.
2. When I try to use active sync to explore the sd card, it only recognizes the remaining files I have on there about half the time. The other half it shows a "Storage Card" file that is empty, or it lists the files but does not allow me to do any exploring--I get a message to make sure the file is not read-only, make sure that I have access to it or some such.

I am at a loss and in dire need of these files. Any help for this relative neophyte is greatly appreciated!!!

sputnik7
12-11-2006, 09:23 PM
At the risk of carrying on a conversation with myself...

Haven't seen any replies to my initial post yet. Does anyone have any suggestions at least for who I should contact about this issue: SD, HP, or active sync? I don't have any background with any of them.

Thanks again

Nurhisham Hussein
12-12-2006, 02:36 AM
My first step would be to get a card reader and try reading your SD card from your PC - that would establish whether the fault is with the card or your device.

If the card is ok, then a call to HP would probably be warranted. You might want to check HP's website to see if there are any OS updates for your device (be warned: flashing ROM updates will wipe your device clean, so backing up your files first is essential).