View Full Version : Web Browser for Ipaq 1950

MustGetPizza
12-10-2006, 03:09 AM
Hi, I've been a lurker for a while and was wondering if anyone had any opinions on the best web browser for my pda. I'm basically looking for a lightweight browser that starts fast, and renders the page quickly while organizing the information properly. I don't really care about other features like tabs, rss, java support.

-I've tried just using PIE but it gets really annoying because it goes slow on random pages that don't have much content to download.

-I've tried the recently released Opera for Pocket PC v3, and would be my choice because of it's perfect rendering and best feature set, but in each session it always freezes or goes so slow as to not be useful

-tried Netfront 3.3, and so far this seems pretty good with multi-tab support and it runs at an okay rate, but each of it's page render modes is worse than the others, and the information is almost always not quite displayed properly

I haven't yet tried Minimo, but I probably will at some point tomorrow. If anybody has any alternative browser suggestions, or some tips on what works for them or how to change any of the above to work better for me, could you please reply? So far it looks like I'll be sticking with Internet Explorer.

Thanks in advance.

Menneisyys
12-10-2006, 11:56 AM
Hi, I've been a lurker for a while and was wondering if anyone had any opinions on the best web browser for my pda. I'm basically looking for a lightweight browser that starts fast, and renders the page quickly while organizing the information properly. I don't really care about other features like tabs, rss, java support.

-I've tried just using PIE but it gets really annoying because it goes slow on random pages that don't have much content to download.

-I've tried the recently released Opera for Pocket PC v3, and would be my choice because of it's perfect rendering and best feature set, but in each session it always freezes or goes so slow as to not be useful

-tried Netfront 3.3, and so far this seems pretty good with multi-tab support and it runs at an okay rate, but each of it's page render modes is worse than the others, and the information is almost always not quite displayed properly

I haven't yet tried Minimo, but I probably will at some point tomorrow. If anybody has any alternative browser suggestions, or some tips on what works for them or how to change any of the above to work better for me, could you please reply? So far it looks like I'll be sticking with Internet Explorer.

Thanks in advance.

You could also give a try to Opera Mobile (the Mini, which you've referred to, is completely different) and Minimo. I don't think you'll enjoy the latter though because of its RAM usage.

Menneisyys
12-10-2006, 11:57 AM
Please also do a generic search here in the Software forum for my Web browsing articles. I've published a LOT of info on ALL these browsers and options.