View Full Version : conecting through wireless router w/ ipaq 4350

nutou
12-08-2006, 03:11 AM
I do not know how to connect or browse the net with my ipaq 4350.
From start, with ipaq wireless on (green), I go to internet explorer, p.c indicates "connecting to My VPN 1" ; then VPN server problems... verify user name...

Can someone explain to me how to configure for wireless connection?

Nurhisham Hussein
12-08-2006, 05:37 AM
Are you actually connecting to a VPN? If not it's fairly straightforward - your network connection configuration is messed up:

1. Go to Start->Settings->Connections tab->Connections->Advanced tab->Select Networks (IIRC, WM2003 is slightly different to this, but as long as you can get to the Select Network buttons, you'll be ok).

2. In the dropdown box for 'private network', tap on the new button, provide a name for the connection (like 'My wifi'), then tap ok.

3. Make sure this new connection configuration is selected in both dropdown boxes for 'internet' and 'private network', then tap ok until you're back to the today screen.

4. Fire up your iPaq's wifi, then follow the prompts!

nutou
12-08-2006, 06:46 AM
I appreciate the help.
I went from start to settings, connections> connections, advanced; select networks and in both private network , and automatic connection to internet, tried to select my wi-fi as connection name.
I was then prompted that "connection settings already exist with this name" , so I tried another name, and still have the same issue - no connection 8O

I bought the device used; do you think I shoud consider a hard reset?

Nurhisham Hussein
12-08-2006, 08:41 AM
I bought the device used; do you think I shoud consider a hard reset?

I'd have done that immediately after getting it if it was a used device (actually, that's a pretty good idea even with new devices). If you don't have much data to lose (or you've synced/saved your data to your PC), then by all means. It sounds like the previous owner used a VPN.

nutou
12-09-2006, 12:59 AM
O.K. so I'll do a reset. I actually have no data saved except what was already installed when I received it.

This is a very cool site. thanks for your time,

nutou