View Full Version : 8125 Issues all of a sudden..

outfrontframes
12-06-2006, 08:56 PM
I have a Cingular 8125 running WM5. Everything on the unit has been wonderful. Never had any issues with connections or alarms until yesterday.

When I woke up yesterday morning my 8125 had a solid white screen. I rebooted and alarms starting going off like crazy!! I mean one after the other, constantly for about 30 minutes and then they stopped. Now everytime I do a soft reset the alarms go nuts again.

I have also found that I cannot sync my 8125 either. I get an error message 608 under status on my ppc, in ActiveSync. Before when I plugged up to any one of my pc's, the connection with ActiveSync was totally painless. Now it wont connect and on my pc it shows a connection tv's like your network connection shows. The PC finds the device and says it is ready for use but it wont sync and I am about to go nuts.

Please help. I have installed 4.5 beta, changed cables, pc's, you name it. Thanks in advance.
-Wes

outfrontframes
12-06-2006, 09:50 PM
If somebody could tell me how to get all my contacts onto my storage card, then I will just back everything up and do a hard reset. If you guys think a hard reset wil fix it.

outfrontframes
12-06-2006, 11:21 PM
Well I copied pim.vol to the storage card and then did a hard reset and hoped for the best. Once the hard reset was finished, I renamed the new pim.vol to pim_old and replaced it with the original. Everything is back to normal.