View Full Version : Clinton Fitch Reviews FlexMail 2007

Jon Westfall
12-07-2006, 09:31 AM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.clintonfitch.com/reviews/webis/fm-2007/default.asp' target='_blank'>http://www.clintonfitch.com/reviews...007/default.asp</a><br /><br /></div><i>"One of the leading developers in the charge to make a better email client is Web Information Solutions - or WebIS - based in the Austin, Texas area with their product FlexMail. FlexMail 2007 is the latest version in the history of WebIS' mail client which was originally know simply as Mail. This latest version offers desktop-like power on your mobile device while remaining intuitive and easy to use. As I stated in my Top 10 Applications of 2006 review, there is very little that you can't do in FlexMail 2007 that you can do on your desktop. It is that powerful and is the mail application for Windows Mobile users who need a serious mail application. The list of features that FlexMail 2007 has is too long for one review but I will hit on the key features that separates it from other mail applications. I encourage you to visit the FlexMail 2007 website for a complete list of all of the features in the application."</i><br /><br />Clinton Fitch takes a look at the latest version of FlexMail 2007 - one of the most versatile email applications available today for Pocket PC. If you're downright annoyed with plain old Pocket Outlook's Inbox (Or Messaging as it's now called), take a look at the review, and try out Flexmail!

Gator5000e
12-07-2006, 02:15 PM
The only thing I don't like about the program is that you can't adjust the message layout while viewing HTML mail. In most IE add-ons, you can choose one column viewing to avoid left to right scrolling.

In this program, most HTML messagea are wider than the screen and it is a pain to read the entire message, especially when using the preview pane setup. If they ever add the ability to view the entire HTML message in one column that fits on your PPC screen, I might reconsider purchasing this proqram again.

chriswren
12-07-2006, 03:19 PM
Don't go buying this product before you check out the WebIs forums......... it is OK if you sync your mail with outlook but if you are downloading mail over the internet this product has real problems.

There are to many little bugs and makes it a pain to use.

It also causes any number of stability issues with WM5.

Chris

jaytee
12-07-2006, 03:54 PM
I have Flexmail 2007, but since my mail got corrupted twice, I think, I've since then stuck to Npop. 500+ mail and still stable! :mrgreen: I hope they've resolved the problems with FM.

Marcel_Proust
12-07-2006, 07:50 PM
yes. this program still has ways to go in stability, esecially when compared to the stellar informant.
one problem i have, i still can't get it to detect contacts that are on my exchange list!!