View Full Version : Backup/Restore

hx2210
12-03-2006, 01:51 AM
Does anyone know of a free backup/restore program for PPC?

Menneisyys
12-03-2006, 08:04 AM
Does anyone know of a free backup/restore program for PPC?

Not FULL, only partial (for example, only SMS backup) ones.

However, for example SKTools 3 isn't THAT expensive...

Also read the Backup Bible at http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=51491

isajoo
12-03-2006, 10:12 AM
only free one is activesync's one. some ppc's come with it. my toshiba came with data backup...but does not do auto backups. spb backup is a great backup, but is not freeware. u got to decide is it worth it for u to spend money on a backup app.

one thing to try to not have to worry to much about losing data is to install most apps onto a flash card or flash rom if your ppc has that.

that way if u do have a lose of data...it wont take much to bring it back....

eg. ur ppc crashes....if all apps are on storage cards, then u would only need to load small activesync backup file. and most important doc's would still be viewable.

remember ppc's where really designed to work next to perfect(although not alway the case) from the default apps. hence, if u do a hard reset and start over....your ppc will still function even without a backup file. plus at apps should run from storage cards. most not all.

anonymous99
12-04-2006, 05:12 AM
backup doesnt come free,man. Sprite Backup is a good one, and it comes free on some device, such as Palm Treos, HPs and later maybe some of the HTCs. And normal price is US$29.95. Try this up, you will find it worh well when you need a restore. :)

hx2210
12-05-2006, 10:02 AM
Thanks for the suggestions and I expected as much. Personally I use SPB Backup and like it very much. Just curious as a workmate just got a PPC and he doesn't have a credit card to buy one so I was just looking for one for him to use in the mean time, until he gets his visa debt card.

Thanks again guys.