View Full Version : Security gone berserk! Has it happened to you?

palur
12-01-2006, 03:11 PM
My wife had activated home security alarm while I was away. Suddenly, the garage door opened (probably loosely shut) and promptly security agency calls my wife and asks for password.
She did not recall in the middle of the night and wanted to rely on her ever trustable pocket pc memo folder for the same. The file was encrypted under Resco File explorer. The password or the file was corrupted and could not open the file. Imagine the whole mess that followed including friends who were woken up in the middle of the night by the security agency (doing their job).

Later it was noted that all the encryptions that were created on a particular day were all corrupted and could not be opened :cry:

I am really concerned about this issue. Has it happened to you all? Does this occur with other encryption software? Any feedback is well appreciated.

Janak Parekh
12-01-2006, 06:19 PM
I've never used Resco's encryption, and sorry to hear about your troubles. However, I've never had a problem with Ilium's eWallet software. Has worked like a charm, 100% of the time.

--janak

Brad Adrian
12-01-2006, 07:43 PM
Same here. Never used Resco, but never had trouble with DeveloperOne's CodeWallet after using it for four years.

palur
12-01-2006, 08:45 PM
Well! may be we were using untested encryption software bundled with Resco Explorer.
I believe even polce was sent to check on for this false alarm.

I do not think there is anyway to retrieve those corrupted files I suppose!

isajoo
12-01-2006, 11:13 PM
live and learn....ppcs are like that...first thing to do with any important info is to BACK UP. then u can go ahead and lose all your data.

good luck.

try contacting resco support for more advanced help.

palur
12-02-2006, 02:03 AM
Thats true. But the file is corrupted and even the backup file would be corrupted too. So, I am not sure backup would solve the problem. I think I have to go for more security specific software perhaps.
thanks