View Full Version : Active Sync 101 - can this be done?

looneytoone
11-29-2006, 04:53 AM
I am having quite a renaissance with my Pocket PC. New job, new responsibilities, new life to my Audiovox 6700. For the first time, I am syncing to my jobs Microsoft Exchange Server. Life is good. Here is the problem.

I recall years ago that you could select a choice in Active Sync to totally replace items on your computer. I currently use Active Sync 4.5 Beta. I want to continuously sync between Pocket PC and work computer THEN come home and update the changes on the home computer. Because the home computer calendar has false information and duplicates, I want the Pocket PC to replace that information. I want to ensure that no of this data syncs to Pocket PC (and thus my work calendar via Exchange) Can this be done?

Thanks in advance.

Nurhisham Hussein
11-29-2006, 07:50 AM
Because the home computer calendar has false information and duplicates, I want the Pocket PC to replace that information. I want to ensure that no of this data syncs to Pocket PC (and thus my work calendar via Exchange) Can this be done?

Isn't that the default behaviour anyway? AFAIK, the latest data will always have priority, it's not a question of location. It's only when AS can't distinguish between two 'identical' entries is when that 'device replaces PC' logic comes into play.