View Full Version : From Behind the Mic

Paul Martin
11-27-2006, 05:00 AM
As a radio announcer, it's rare that I step from behind the microphone, but as the newest member of the Contributing Editor-in-Training team, it's time to drop the <b>pmradio</b> persona and become just Paul Martin. 8) I've been browsing and occasionally posting on Pocket PC Thoughts since August of 2001, and enjoyed asking lots of questions and occasionally providing them to a great community of mobile device users. And so, it is a great honor for Jason to ask me to become a member of the Contributing Editor team!<br /><br />From my first Casio Databank watch, I've loved having portable data. However, because of my budget, I've usually been on the dusty edge of technology: breathing the dust of the crowd as they move on to another device and I can take advantage of the closeout sales! :lol: My first actual Windows Mobile device was the Compaq C140 clamshell, followed by the Philips Nino 320, Jornada 568, and now my Dell Axim X51v. In my day job as a local-station radio announcer for a medium-sized radio group, I do most of the local computer tech support and help provide job security for the tech guys in HQ by coming up with off-the-wall ideas to marry technologies. I am concerned how "provided job security for others" would look on a resume, however. :mrgreen: <br /><br />I've long appreciated the job that Jason and the ever-expanding team have done for a long time. I hope to keep up that tradition as I help provide some of the news and stories that make Pocket PC Thoughts such a great community.

Cybrid
11-27-2006, 05:34 AM
Congratulations.

ctmagnus
11-27-2006, 05:43 AM
Welcome aboard!

btw, how'd you get the cat to pose like that?

Paul Martin
11-27-2006, 05:55 AM

Ran across this site (http://www.funpic.hu/en.index.php) from one of those silly pictures e-mails that clogs up the net. Some really funny pics, some PG13+ so explore at your own risk. 8O

Nurhisham Hussein
11-27-2006, 06:04 AM
Congratulations and welcome to the team Paul!

Jon Westfall
11-27-2006, 06:07 AM
Welcome to the Team, Paul. Great to have you on board!

Paul Martin
11-27-2006, 06:17 AM
Thanks for all the congrats! I'm looking forward to contributing in a new way to our community.

Darius Wey
11-27-2006, 11:18 AM

Wait, all cats pose like that. Are you telling me you've come across some really boring ones? ;)

Darius Wey
11-27-2006, 11:18 AM
Welcome, Paul. Great to have you on the team. :D

SteveHoward999
11-27-2006, 02:20 PM

Wait, all cats pose like that. Are you telling me you've come across some really boring ones? ;)

I have no idea what you mean ....

Phillip Dyson
11-27-2006, 06:11 PM
Welcome aboard Paul!

Steve Jordan
11-27-2006, 07:02 PM
Welcome from another "dusty edge" technology guy!

Janak Parekh
11-27-2006, 08:49 PM
Welcome to the team, Paul. Great to have you aboard. Are you managing with the news flood yet? :mrgreen:

--janak

Paul Martin
11-27-2006, 08:57 PM
So far so good! Now, when Darius actually turns the news hose ON, it may be a different story! 8O

Janak Parekh
11-27-2006, 08:58 PM
So far so good! Now, when Darius actually turns the news hose ON, it may be a different story! 8O
Well, we're officially in the holiday season now, so in about two weeks everything gets very quiet. I don't think it'll get back up to full speed until January. Probably a good time to join, actually. :)

--janak

Damion Chaplin
11-28-2006, 12:31 AM
Welcome aboard Paul!

In case of sudden cabin pressure drop, affix your mask before Darius' :)

Paul Martin
11-28-2006, 01:16 AM
I'm just hoping the emoticons can be used as flotation devices!

ctmagnus
11-28-2006, 05:38 AM

:lol:

This is what cats in this part of the world do: :sleeping: Some of them even snore. 8O

Jason Dunn
12-05-2006, 07:00 PM
Welcome to the team Paul! I'm really looking forward to having you as part of our news team!

[Jason in semi-lurk mode coming off vacation]

Paul Martin
12-05-2006, 07:06 PM
Welcome to the team Paul! I'm really looking forward to having you as part of our news team!

[Jason in semi-lurk mode coming off vacation]

Thanks, Jason, and welcome back. Looking forward to the full Zune review (http://forums.thoughtsmedia.com/showthread.php?t=335&amp;highlight=review) when you have a moment to catch your breath!

Janak Parekh
12-06-2006, 05:52 AM
Thanks, Jason, and welcome back. Looking forward to the full Zune review (http://forums.thoughtsmedia.com/showthread.php?t=335&amp;highlight=review) when you have a moment to catch your breath!
Aren't we all. A little friendly pressure on our favorite Zune'r. :mrgreen:

(Just kidding, Darius, you're one of our favorite Zune'rs too! ;))

--janak

Phillip Dyson
12-07-2006, 01:06 AM
Aren't we all. A little friendly pressure on our favorite Zune'r. :mrgreen:

(Just kidding, Darius, you're one of our favorite Zune'rs too! ;))

--janak

Plus, we just need his gadget nerves working. The lack of oxygen adds to new toy euphoria. :wink: