View Full Version : Email Notification Filtering

noopykat
11-26-2006, 08:48 PM
I am using a Blackberry 7250 and I want to switch to a WM5 device (UT 6700). The problem is that I get about 200 email a day (not spam) and I don't want the BB going off every time a message comes in. I got this program called Notifire which lets me create a filter based on email addresses so that if I enable a certain recipient, the device will beep (and vibrate if desired). Otherwise it is completely silent. This works great because I use multiple source email addresses to monitor different services on our network.

I neeed to find a program like this for WM5 but I have spent hours searching and found nothing. I thought about uing filters in Exchange but I want to read all of my email on the device, I just don't want it beeping for each message.

For me this is a huge deal breaker because my company pays for the device to monitor our network but they don't belive that I should be permanently attached to it. I need to get something newer (and faster) as the 7250 with all my histrorical emails stored (I have to keep 90 days) is slow and has run out of memory. I really don't want to get the Blackberry 8703.

Thanks.

Janak Parekh
11-27-2006, 01:01 AM
Exchange filters might actually help. I believe the device will only notify you of messages that go into your Inbox, but you can set up the device to read/push other folders as well. So, to wit: try setting up other incoming folders; using Exchange rules, shuffle non-critical mail to them; and set up the Pocket PC to sync with them (in Messaging, Menu => Tools => Manage Folders).

As for a third-party "notification suppressor", I don't know of one. I think the above will do what you need, though, so give it a try.

Good luck,

--janak

bostonnerd
11-27-2006, 01:48 PM
I am using a Blackberry 7250 and I want to switch to a WM5 device (UT 6700). The problem is that I get about 200 email a day (not spam) and I don't want the BB going off every time a message comes in. I got this program called Notifire which lets me create a filter based on email addresses so that if I enable a certain recipient, the device will beep (and vibrate if desired). Otherwise it is completely silent. This works great because I use multiple source email addresses to monitor different services on our network.

I neeed to find a program like this for WM5 but I have spent hours searching and found nothing. I thought about uing filters in Exchange but I want to read all of my email on the device, I just don't want it beeping for each message.

For me this is a huge deal breaker because my company pays for the device to monitor our network but they don't belive that I should be permanently attached to it. I need to get something newer (and faster) as the 7250 with all my histrorical emails stored (I have to keep 90 days) is slow and has run out of memory. I really don't want to get the Blackberry 8703.

Thanks.

I am searching for the same thing to for an Ipaq 6925 that I am evaluating for my company. I'm coming from a BB8700 with Notifire installed. I receive around 200 emails a day and don't want to pull out the unit every 10 seconds to check it.

I have been searching for weeks and from what I can tell there is absolutely nothing out there in the WM world that will perform the function you require.

Brad Adrian
11-27-2006, 05:46 PM
Another approach to using Exchange would be to set up rules that send you an SMS whenever you get an e-mail from certain senders.

bostonnerd
11-28-2006, 02:28 PM
Another approach to using Exchange would be to set up rules that send you an SMS whenever you get an e-mail from certain senders.

Good idea but many large corporations mask off this function.

noopykat
11-29-2006, 05:02 PM
I may try the sms notification out. I am head of IT so that is not an issue. I would have prefered a program. I am surprised that no one thought of this as there is a program for almost anything...

if I find another solution, I will let everyone know.