View Full Version : Need help with Casio-125

nork
11-24-2006, 11:31 PM
First, thanks for reading this.

I have a Casio E-125 that i use. I mainly use it to have lists of groceries needed, the make and model and part numbers for items i might need parts for, like my cartridges for my printer, the battery # for my watch, etc, etc.
I installed my os when i got this pdr and havent upgraded. I cant even find out what version it is by looking thru the pdr. But i see that the version of "active sync" is v3.8.0 so the whole os would be of that vintage.
I want to make more use of this pdr but not for internet and email. Mainly i want to use the calendar, word prog, and add some mp3s to the compactflash card that i have.
I cant find my manuals, cd's etc.
Can anyone tell me what version of active sync i should be using? I am running win xp pro and dont intend to change to vista next year, i will wait a year
I can add mp3's to the compactflash card with my card reader, but i cant seem to find them once the compactflash card goes back in the cdr. Can anyone help me with that as far as how to get to the card and the mp3 files on my pdr?

Are there any other free programs that i might find useful?

Even just directing me to websites or web pages might get me on the right path.

Thank you all very much.

Johnny Hieber
11-25-2006, 09:17 AM
Casio E125 manuals can be found here:

http://world.casio.com/ce/download/en/manual/e_125.html

Menneisyys
11-25-2006, 11:26 AM
First, thanks for reading this.

I have a Casio E-125 that i use. I mainly use it to have lists of groceries needed, the make and model and part numbers for items i might need parts for, like my cartridges for my printer, the battery # for my watch, etc, etc.
I installed my os when i got this pdr and havent upgraded. I cant even find out what version it is by looking thru the pdr. But i see that the version of "active sync" is v3.8.0 so the whole os would be of that vintage.
I want to make more use of this pdr but not for internet and email. Mainly i want to use the calendar, word prog, and add some mp3s to the compactflash card that i have.
I cant find my manuals, cd's etc.
Can anyone tell me what version of active sync i should be using? I am running win xp pro and dont intend to change to vista next year, i will wait a year
I can add mp3's to the compactflash card with my card reader, but i cant seem to find them once the compactflash card goes back in the cdr. Can anyone help me with that as far as how to get to the card and the mp3 files on my pdr?

Are there any other free programs that i might find useful?

Even just directing me to websites or web pages might get me on the right path.

Thank you all very much.

for playing mp3's, get the MIPS version of TCPMP.

otherwise, read my articles - I, as I'm still a big fan of old Casios, always elaborate on whether a given title is compatible with the Casio. Read for example http://www.pocketpcmag.com/blogs/menneisyys/052006MIPSGames.asp for a full roundup of all games compatible with it. (Note that I've published a lot of info on new applications' Casio compliance too.)

nork
11-25-2006, 05:39 PM
Menneisyys, thank you very much for the info. I will certainly check it out.

I found out how to access my compactflash card, which i have loaded with mp3's. But i cant get them to play. The only thing that will play are 2 mp3s that are loaded into main memory. I delete these 2 mp3's and they keep coming back. I delete playlists and they come back as well. When i try to play an mp3 from my compactflash then one of the 2 mp3 that i erased from main memory start to play. I erase them and they come back up again.
Can you help me with this?

thanks

Menneisyys
11-25-2006, 06:21 PM
Menneisyys, thank you very much for the info. I will certainly check it out.

I found out how to access my compactflash card, which i have loaded with mp3's. But i cant get them to play. The only thing that will play are 2 mp3s that are loaded into main memory. I delete these 2 mp3's and they keep coming back. I delete playlists and they come back as well. When i try to play an mp3 from my compactflash then one of the 2 mp3 that i erased from main memory start to play. I erase them and they come back up again.
Can you help me with this?

thanks

Don't really, sorry, haven't really used the built-in WMP, only used third-party players. TCPMP is surely able to access the cards' contents.

nork
11-25-2006, 06:31 PM
Now that i have seen your site, Menneisyys, it sure has a lot of game info. You have put a lot of work into this to help gamers out. Im sure they appreciate it.
You have jogged my memory as i do recall having a few games for my Casio and having played them a few years ago.
thanks

nork
11-26-2006, 05:00 AM
Can you tell me what TCPMP is and where to get it so i can maybe try it out?
I just cant access the songs on my compactflash card and its very annoying.

Thanks

Cybrid
11-27-2006, 06:11 AM
Create a "my documents" folder on your memory card and place your MP3's in there. On the older Pocket PC's, there wasn't much flexibility on where you could store a document/ file.

edit: Also unless you use the file explorer or Total Commander (www.ghisler.com) to delete the mp3, all you did was delete the playlist shortcuts...hence "they keep coming back"

As 4.xx has some changes to it that you may not like...the first being the removal of LAN/ remote sync. There are others but memory fails me at the moment.

You may need these files. (http://world.casio.com/ce/download/en/em_500/ver_104.html) Since this is a very old-er Pocket PC, I recommend downloading these and archiving them on a disk/cd.

As a matter of fact archive everything you can, I've seen many companies drop support for these devices over the years. :(

Nurhisham Hussein
11-27-2006, 06:34 AM
You can get TCPMP here (http://corecodec.org/frs/?group_id=53&release_id=224#r224). Download either "tcpmp.setup.0.71.exe" for Activesync installation, or "tcpmp.mips.cabs.0.71.zip" for direct installation on your device.

Can anyone tell me what version of active sync i should be using?

You've got the right one (don't use AS4, that's for Windows Mobile 5). Also, I don't believe Vista will support older Pocket PCs other than WM2003 onwards, so you might want to wait even longer.

Menneisyys
11-27-2006, 03:13 PM
don't use AS4, that's for Windows Mobile 5

Let me disagree - I'm using AS4.5b2 with my E-125 and it's working great.

Nurhisham Hussein
11-27-2006, 06:07 PM

That's good to hear - I assume it uses the AS3.x network connection method?

Menneisyys
11-27-2006, 06:20 PM

That's good to hear - I assume it uses the AS3.x network connection method?

Yeah, as with WM5 AKU2+ devices, where it can be (fortunately!) disabled.

nork
11-27-2006, 08:33 PM
Thanks!

Now i am getting the info i need, thanks so much. Let me digest all this stuff and thanks again.

nork
11-27-2006, 08:33 PM
Thanks!

Now i am getting the info i need, thanks so much. Let me digest all this stuff and thanks again.

nork
11-28-2006, 03:41 AM
I put my mp3's in a folder inside my CF card but they still wont play on my Casio.
I read in the manual something about licensing problem. Any way around this?

The link for the alternate player is no good but i did find it here:
http://picard.exceed.hu/tcpmp/0.71/

So thanks for the info, i hope installing this will allow me to play the mp3's in my CF card.

thanks

Menneisyys
11-28-2006, 09:37 AM
I put my mp3's in a folder inside my CF card but they still wont play on my Casio.

Not in a folder - in the \My Documents folder only.

nork
11-28-2006, 04:32 PM
I could only paste one mp3 into my documents folder until i deleted some files and a prog i dont need, now i have 6 smaller sized tunes, but thats all i can put in there.

I guess i cant play tunes from my CF card as is, right?
If i install that other prog, can i play tunes from my CF card? That would be ideal.

thanks for all the help and info, hope it keeps coming as i dont really know what i am doing unless you help me.

Menneisyys
11-28-2006, 04:37 PM
I cant get 256 mb of tunes from my CF card into a music folder in my documents as i dont have enough memory. I tried and all there is room for is one tune.

I guess i cant play tunes from my CF card?

thanks for all the help and info, hope it keeps coming as i dont really know what i am doing unless you help me.

Create it on your card (if not already present)

nork
11-28-2006, 05:04 PM

Sorry, i dont know what you mean by that. I have my CF card full of mp3's but i cant play them from the CF card. I copied a few of them to a folder in my docs and they play from there.

Will that other player you told me about play the tunes direct from the CF player?
I edited my previous post, perhaps you might want to re-read it. Sorry about that, i didnt see your post that came after mine or i wouldnt have edited it.
[/quote]

Menneisyys
11-28-2006, 05:16 PM

Sorry, i dont know what you mean by that. I have my CF card full of mp3's but i cant play them from the CF card. I copied a few of them to a folder in my docs and they play from there.

Will that other player you told me about play the tunes direct from the CF player?
I edited my previous post, perhaps you might want to re-read it. Sorry about that, i didnt see your post that came after mine or i wouldnt have edited it.
[/quote]

yes, tcpmp can play from anywhere, incl. \My Documents on your card

nork
11-28-2006, 07:12 PM
Sorry, im dense today. When you say "Create it on your card", do you mean install the tcpmp player on my CF card, is that what you mean?
Is it an install or do you just put the player on the CF card and then run it when you want?

thanks very much, you are being very very helpful. Without you i would be stuck as no-one else has any ideas, lol.

nork
11-28-2006, 07:12 PM
Sorry, im dense today. When you say "Create it on your card", do you mean install the tcpmp player on my CF card, is that what you mean?
Is it an install or do you just put the player on the CF card and then run it when you want?

thanks very much, you are being very very helpful. Without you i would be stuck as no-one else has any ideas, lol.

Also, i see a number of installations available.
Is it this one that i should install?:
TCPMP.ARM_CE2.CAB
WinCE 2.xx (for older HPC's and PalmPC devices)
TCPMP.MIPS_CE3.CAB
WinCE 3.xx - 4.xx with MIPS CPU

TCPMP.MIPS_CE2.CAB
WinCE 2.xx with MIPS CPU

Its mips and not arm, right?

thanks again!

Nurhisham Hussein
11-28-2006, 07:14 PM

What Menneisyys meant, if it wasn't clear, was that you should create a "My Documents" folder on your storage card and store your Mp3s in that folder (and NOT in a sub-folder of "My Documents" on your card). If you already have a "My Documents" folder on your card, then just shift your Mp3s there.

nork
11-28-2006, 08:53 PM
Nurhisham Hussein, you are totally correct, i didnt understand that part from the start, so thanks very much for your input. I will try that right away.

thanks again!

Menneisyys
11-28-2006, 09:04 PM
TCPMP.MIPS_CE3.CAB
WinCE 3.xx - 4.xx with MIPS CPU

This is what you need

nork
11-28-2006, 09:09 PM
Nurhisham Hussein, sorry but that didnt work for me. I have just a very few mp3's in my music folder that is in main memory. These play fine when i click on them.
But no mp3's will work for me from the CF card using the win media player. When i click on an mp3 in my folder inside my CF card the first song in my folder on my main memory will play. So, again, only mp3's that are in my main memory on my pda will play. I put the mp3's from my CF card in a folder called "my documents" and left the folder on my CF card because, of course, they wont fit on my main pd area as its only 32 mb.
But i cant get them to play direct from my CF card. I have to erase one or 2 of them 8 mp3's from my main memory and paste the new mp3 in and then click and it will play. But it wont play from the CF card at all.
Anything else i can try? If not then i will try the suggestion that Menneisyys has suggested, once i find out which one to use.
thanks very much, hope you can help me further.

nork
11-28-2006, 09:31 PM
Menneisyys, again i was doing my reply to the other person and didnt see your post.
I will use the one you told me. Its in a cab file. Can you tell me how to do this, sorry but its been so long since i used my pda its hard to remember.

thanks

Menneisyys
11-28-2006, 09:38 PM
Menneisyys, again i was doing my reply to the other person and didnt see your post.
I will use the one you told me. Its in a cab file. Can you tell me how to do this, sorry but its been so long since i used my pda its hard to remember.

thanks

transfer the cab file to your pda and click it there from File Explorer

nork
11-28-2006, 10:19 PM
Hey, thats a great prog, works perfectly, installed easily.
by the way, i had already installed the newer os upgrade, to v1.04 i think it is.
Anyway, all i have used my pda for over the years has been shopping. I list not only groceries and such in text files, but lists of, for instance, battery types for watches, pc's, and other items that use small batteries, printer cartridges, etc, etc. So when i am shopping, i have the info at hand.
I havent used this pda for anything internet at all, no mail, nothing. I havent used any of the progs on it except that i installed a few games.
Now, of course, you have turned this into another mp3 player, which is great.
Is there any other program that you know of that i might like? Small but cool games would be fine but any other program that you might think of? Like a search program, or is the built-in search feature acceptable?
Right now i use agent ransack from my pc and then use activesync to transfer my new text files over to my pda. But there might be a better, onboard search prog? Or maybe even a website or web page, although i would prefer going by your reccommendation rather than guessing, lol.

I really want to thank you,Menneisyys, for hanging in there with me. Its a lot of work.
Is there any place i can give you a good reccommendation or the like, some forums have that feature?

thanks!!

Menneisyys
11-29-2006, 11:04 AM
Is there any other program that you know of that i might like? Small but cool games would be fine but any other program that you might think of? Like a search program, or is the built-in search feature acceptable?

In general, you'll need to mail PPC program developers to make MIPS version availavle. For example, Resco has stopped supporting PPC2k MIPS devices with version 5.20 of Resco File Explorer, one of the absolute musts for PPC users (including its Today plug-in, which I highly recommend too.)

Unfortunately, there's no up-to-date list of the (most) current MIPS apps. There are very few (if any) actively publishing / writign / contributing Casio users now. Last time we've asked around (see the PocketGamer frontpage link from the MIPS games roundup), there weren't anyone to state (over at PG.org) to say he/she's still using his/her Casio.

I, however, always mention in my reviews if a given app (still) has a MIPS version (and I do test it on my E-125 to see whether it's really working). Therefore, your best bet is making a forum search for "MIPS", "E-125", "2000" or "ppc2k", strictly under my nick.

Right now i use agent ransack from my pc and then use activesync to transfer my new text files over to my pda. But there might be a better, onboard search prog? Or maybe even a website or web page, although i would prefer going by your reccommendation rather than guessing, lol.

Total Commander (still) has a MIPS build; it has an excellent file searcher tool I've often elaborated on in my articles. See http://ghisler.com/pocketpc.htm

Is there any place i can give you a good reccommendation or the like, some forums have that feature?

I think only that of BrightHand. However, you can post a message to my fan threads - there're at least two of them here at PPCT :)

nork
11-29-2006, 07:24 PM
Menneisyys, thanks again.

I will have to digest some of this stuff and get to work finding what you have mentioned.

Thanks for all your work and efforts to help me out. Not easy when the person on the other end doesnt really know what they are doing, lol.
This forum is lucky to have you and all your contributions.

thanks

nork
12-05-2006, 04:47 AM
I have a question about synching.
Maybe the issue is that i have wordperfect and outlook express as opposed to word and outlook, but i dont know.
I have activesync 3.80 and i use that to sync my casio to the text docs on my pc. But, in activesync\tools\options, calendar, notes, contacts, tasks are not there. How do i enable them? They are on my casio.

Should i start a new thread?

Thank you

Nurhisham Hussein
12-05-2006, 05:33 AM
But, in activesync\tools\options, calendar, notes, contacts, tasks are not there. How do i enable them?

You have to have Outlook to get those, not Outlook Express.

nork
12-05-2006, 06:15 AM
I figured I was out of luck on that.

thanks