View Full Version : Crud! I've lost my reminders in WM5 again :-(

schmenge
11-21-2006, 08:54 PM
I am assuming this is once again something in the notifications queue. I found a boatload that are something along the lines of

Start on timer
\\.\Notifications\NamedEvents\SCRIPT:0x001F4A60

The suffix on SCRIPT is different on each one. I don't remember seeing these before. Anybody know what they are for?

Brad Adrian
11-21-2006, 11:48 PM
I've deleted these entries before and not noticed any ill effects. I haven't found much information about the specific cause, but did come across this entry in the XDA-Developers forum from a year or so ago:

"These entries are created for each event where the 'Flash Light For' option is enabled. To prevent these entries from building up, disable the 'Flash Light For' option using the 'Sounds & Notifications' settings for specific events, i.e. 'Messaging: new text messages'. But if you prefer to have this LED alert enabled, AVOID selecting 'No Limit'..."

schmenge
11-22-2006, 12:09 AM
I don't think these were for the LED (but who knows) as they all had dates and times for December and at times when I had no idea what these could be for. I backed up and then deleted them all. Put in a test reminder and it fired just fine. Hmm... now I won't have an excuse for missing that meeting. :D

Brad Adrian
11-22-2006, 02:18 AM
...they all had dates and times for December and at times when I had no idea what these could be for.
That's exactly what mine look like, and I've been able to delete them safely. Of course, I can't GUARANTEE that you won't ever be late for a meeting if you delete your similar entries, but if that ever happens, let me know and I'll write a note of explanation to your boss. ;)