View Full Version : Error message when sending attachments

MultiMatt
11-21-2006, 07:12 PM
I'm having something weird happening with sending emails with attachments all of the sudden.

When I send an email out of any of my POP3 accounts I have set up on my device, I keep getting the following error message:
The message(s) could not be sent. Check that you have network coverage and that your account information is correct. Then try sending again.

I am running Pocket PC 2003 Phone Edition on an Audiovox XV6600. I have never seen this error before, and I've sent attachments dozens of times!
I've made no changes to my settings, and my server folks have no idea what the deal is.

Interestingly enough, I CAN send an email without an attachment without issue...

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Matt

Jason Dunn
11-21-2006, 08:00 PM
Where are your attachments stored - on device RAM, or on a storage card. Have you tried sending files from both locations, and do you get the same error from each location? I'm wondering about a memory card corruption issue...

MultiMatt
11-21-2006, 10:57 PM
VERY interesting...!
I had only tried sending attachments from Main Memory. Just tried sending a pic from my storage card and it sent just fine!

I know that kind of dispels any card corruption thoughts, BUT it does point to something acting up internally...

I've tried three different ways of sending from Main Memory too: via File Explorer (send to email recipient)
via Resco File Explorer (same thing), and
adding attachment through Inbox (the slow way! Wow!)Wonder if it's time for a HR and reinstall... :roll:

Jason Dunn
11-21-2006, 11:05 PM
Wonder if it's time for a HR and reinstall... :roll:

Sadly...probably. :-(

MultiMatt
11-25-2006, 02:23 AM
The plot appears to be thickening....
I've continued to troubleshoot this issue and the results are sporadic. Since my last post, I've successfully emailed attachments both internally as well as externally, yet now I'm seeing another weird anomaly:
simply sending a text email will not work! See this screenshot:

http://pocketpclouisville.com/images/email_error.jpg

This particular email was a simple reply (and they're in my Contacts too!)
I'm beginning to think it's a server issue behind all this...

Matt