View Full Version : new to MS reader & smaller window opening for chapters

IpaqMan2
11-21-2006, 04:57 PM
I was wondering if anyone else has experinced a smaller window opening in their Windows Mobile 5 device wen using MS reader and clicking on chapters from the table of context of the ebook they are reading.

I recently hae taked an interested in Ebooks. I downloaded the latest copy of MS reader from Microsoft. I notice on some books when I click on a chapter a smaller window will open in MS reader with that chater in it. Is this normal to MS reader or is this hw the eBook was designed? is there a way to get rid of that smaller window and just have the context displayed on the normal window of MS reader? i don't recall some of the older copies of MS reader doing this. It makes reading eBooks very annoying since I am aleady limited to the small size the PPCs screen and now to have an even smaller window open to read is just uncomfortable.

Appreciate any thoughts on this.

asims
11-21-2006, 08:36 PM
What version of MSReader do you have? I've got 2.4.1 (Build 5323) and I haven't experienced what you are describing.

Nurhisham Hussein
11-24-2006, 01:46 AM
It's actually the way the Reader file is encoded, and depends on the software used. For example, the MS Word-Addin puts the TOC in the book itself. With Readerworks, authors have the option of doing that popup window.