View Full Version : UTStarcom 6700 - SSL/Certificate issues (help!!)

ronag
11-18-2006, 08:20 PM
I'm having ActiveSync/Directpush issues...I'll list my setup and hopefully someone can help!
I'm using a UTStarcom 6700 on TELUS Mobility (with the MSFP ROM update)
We are running our own Exchange 2003 SP2 Server - we have SSL set to be "optional"

Ideally I would like to use SSL and have everything setup appropriately. When I connect my device to my desktop PC via USB, it enrolls for a certificate, etc. etc., and the device works perfectly for between 12-36 hours, at which point, it stops syncing. I don't have the exact error, but it is basically telling me my server requires certificates to logon, and to connect my device to my desktop PC to enroll for a certificate!! We are using our own certificate, and the expiry date is 1yr from the date of issue; i don't think anything is wrong with the certificates since it actually works fine for a few days!!

I've tried using the "Enroller" application on the device (as suggested by UTStarcom tech support), and it just it goes through the motions, but ends up indicating "Function Failed"....the guy just suggested I not use SSL... 8O

Also, if I just uncheck the SSL box on the device, I'm told my server requires SSL!!

Any help is greatly appreciated...this is driving me nuts!!!