View Full Version : Navteq On Board software errors using new 2.0.2721NA release

georgenovak
11-15-2006, 03:30 PM
I've been working with Navteq for about 3 weeks on this issue, and since there has been no resolution I'm going public. :devilboy:

The new 2.0.2721NA release of their Navteq On Board software does not work on many handhelds, including the HP iPaq series. The software will load, but freezes at the "I Accept" screen. This is a known issue, but Navteq has not notified people who purchase the product or halted sales.

They claim it was caused by their attempt to rewrite the code for the new Windows O/S. While this may be true, it still causes the software to lock on most handhelds irreguardless of their O/S. Navteq has given no time frames for addressing the issue, and has not extended the return policy beyond the normal 30 day window.

I urge everyone to avoid this product, and persue other options. Releasing a know non-functional product is unacceptable.

autopc
11-25-2006, 09:21 PM
NAVTEQ on Board is for any software using their map data.

I see this software is also claim NAVTEQ on Board.
Odyssey Mobile 4.0

You can get it for a free trail to see if you have such problem.

I've been working with Navteq for about 3 weeks on this issue, and since there has been no resolution I'm going public. :devilboy:

The new 2.0.2721NA release of their Navteq On Board software does not work on many handhelds, including the HP iPaq series. The software will load, but freezes at the "I Accept" screen. This is a known issue, but Navteq has not notified people who purchase the product or halted sales.

They claim it was caused by their attempt to rewrite the code for the new Windows O/S. While this may be true, it still causes the software to lock on most handhelds irreguardless of their O/S. Navteq has given no time frames for addressing the issue, and has not extended the return policy beyond the normal 30 day window.

I urge everyone to avoid this product, and persue other options. Releasing a know non-functional product is unacceptable.

prakash0
12-21-2006, 01:27 AM
I have been trying to get my ipaq 6945 GPS to work and its crashing on me every time.Not really sure what is the issue.
I have navteq version 2.0.2721NA on it preinstalled, buty every time I open it up it crashes.

Taking a cue from an earlier post on this board I even downloaded Odyssey Mobile 4.0 and installed, but looks like they also have a strange problem, the screen goes blank and nothing shows up ...

its become frustrating now, and I will appreciate if someone can guide me in getting this thing to work.
thanks in advance...

autopc
12-27-2006, 04:01 AM
>I've been working with Navteq for about 3 weeks on this issue, and since there has been no resolution I'm going public. :devilboy:

TRY InfoGation Odyssey, it works well on this phone.