View Full Version : Help a noob with Smartphone

PlayerOne
11-15-2006, 11:08 AM
I am looking to spend approx approx 600 CND (hopefully xmas will bring down some of the more expensive phone's prices to around 600CND)

I require:
camera of at LEAST 1MP
excellent calender application
good built-in wifi
good looking (although this is different for everyone)

please help me out!
Thanks!

Cybrid
11-15-2006, 08:00 PM
I am looking to spend approx approx 600 CND (hopefully xmas will bring down some of the more expensive phone's prices to around 600CND)

I require:
camera of at LEAST 1MP
excellent calender application
good built-in wifi
good looking (although this is different for everyone)

please help me out!
Thanks!Carrier preference? Telus and Bell are locked...meaning no trades or outside hardware. They have the Moto Q and UTStarcom 6700. Rumors of 700Wx...launch this X-Mas. Only the 6700 has Wifi ....

GSM operators like Rogers and Fido, the list of phones is large. The Atoms nice and has WiFi.

PlayerOne
11-16-2006, 12:03 AM
my contract is over so any service provider will probably be ok
although i can probably get better deals if i threaten to leave and stay with rogers :lol:

and also, can't you unlock locked phones?

Cybrid
11-16-2006, 08:28 AM
my contract is over so any service provider will probably be ok
although i can probably get better deals if i threaten to leave and stay with rogers :lol:

and also, can't you unlock locked phones?You can but CDMA phones don't have SIM cards, as a result the ESN's are in the phone itself and activating un-authorized hardware is next to impossible. Telus and Bell will refuse to activate the phone whereas in GSM/ SIM card phones just changing the frequencies and swapping the SIM will activate the phone...