View Full Version : How to transfer a file to my Ipaq 3950?

bernie01
11-14-2006, 06:25 AM
I want to put some files in a certain directory on my PDA. I connect (as guest) using ActiveSync, then select explore, and I can see the files on my PC. However if I then go across to the Mobile Device symbol, I cannot drill down and see the directories that are actually on my PDA.
Do I just drag and drop the files onto the Mobile Device symbol, then go look for them on my PDA and move them to where I actually want them?
Or is there a way to know where they will go? ActiveSync seems very basic in this regard.
Thanks, Bernie.
<edit>
OK, Activesync help says:
Connect your device to your PC.
In ActiveSync, click Explore , which opens the Mobile Device folder.
Browse the files on your device as you would any PC files.
..... so I should be able to see the folders and files on my PDA. I cant, nor I have discovered will it let me drag/drop or cut/paste into Mobile Device.
Is there some security setting stopping me? I have ZoneAlarm installed but have allowed Activesync to access the network.

Menneisyys
11-25-2006, 11:36 AM
It's better to forget AS entirely and use Total Commander with the WinCE FS plug-in to access the file system of Pocket PC's. I've writtena tutorial on installing and using it at http://pocketpcmag.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15577 ; read it

bernie01
11-25-2006, 12:03 PM
Hi Menneisyys,
thank you for your advice. I followed the steps in your tutorial; however when I get to Step 6 and see WinCE Device, I cannot get the view as shown in Step 7. I click on WinCe Device, get the hourglass to wait for a few seconds, then it stays at the same screen........
Any advice would be welcome. It seems my PDA wont let the file explorer view be accessed from either ActivSync or Total Comander!
Regards, Bernie.

bernie01
11-28-2006, 08:32 AM
Anyone? Still no go.
Zonealarm issues? Version of ActiveSync? ???
Any help appreciated.