View Full Version : Windows Mobile Word

redferrell
11-14-2006, 04:29 AM
I think that I accidently deleted the template for a new document on my pocket pc in word. Everything I click on "new" I get this message: "A problem with the document was encountered and it cannot be opened."

I am able to open old documents but I would like to start a new one.

Does anyone have this file they could send me or is there a way of reinstalling mobile word to fix this?

isajoo
11-14-2006, 08:23 AM
if u have done a good backup of your ppc using activesync or an app like sbp/sprite backup..u could do a hard reset and then copy the file to a memory card. please make sure you actually have a GOOD backup app before trying this...or i could email the file to you. pm me if u dont know for sure about the backup.

Cybrid
11-14-2006, 08:44 AM
I think that I accidently deleted the template for a new document on my pocket pc in word. Everything I click on "new" I get this message: "A problem with the document was encountered and it cannot be opened."

I am able to open old documents but I would like to start a new one.

Does anyone have this file they could send me or is there a way of reinstalling mobile word to fix this?Wish it were that simple. Try a hard reset after backing up. This is a glitch I've seen several times on my WM5 device.

Brad Adrian
11-14-2006, 06:30 PM
Whoa! Before you do a hard reset...

I think you may be able to fix things by creating a new blank Word document on your device, then save it as a template named "normal," making sure it gets saved to the My Documents/Templates folder.

redferrell
11-15-2006, 12:12 AM
thanks Brad, that worked. I knew it was just a matter of replacing a file that I deleted. I will leave that template folder alone now.

Brad Adrian
11-15-2006, 04:29 PM
Glad I could help, and save you from a hard reset. I've found that most of my advice doesn't come from any real form of inspiration, but from the fact that I make so many mistakes!

anonymous99
11-16-2006, 05:02 AM
if u have done a good backup of your ppc using activesync or an app like sbp/sprite backup..u could do a hard reset and then copy the file to a memory card. please make sure you actually have a GOOD backup app before trying this...or i could email the file to you. pm me if u dont know for sure about the backup.

Try This One (http://www.spritesoftware.com). It will get your device back to exactly when you backed it up. 8)