View Full Version : TyTN on T-Mobile?

tarrytownfads
11-13-2006, 12:45 AM
I've been using the i-Mate JAM for almost 2 years. Decided to bypass the Wizard and wait for the next generation device (preferably with 3G). I am on T-MO and have grandfathered unlimited data plan for $19.99. For the last 2 weeks I tried the Dash and although I loved the device in general (especially phone part of it) it doesn't do it for me. The shortcomings of the Outlook (no notes synchronization, notes field in Contacts does not exist and notes in the Tasks and Events only sync one way) and luck of software I am used to on ppc phone are my problems. I would love to the get the 3G, but T- MO does not have it yet, which means I would have to move to the Cingular. I looked into their data plans and to pay $40 for the unlimited plan seems ridiculous for me. But even using Edge on the Dash made me jealous. It is noticeably faster than the GPRS I have.
So what do you think? Should I get the TyTN and use it for now on T-MO with Edge and wait until 3G will become available or should I get an MDA with 1 year contract? Is there anyone who is using the TyTN on T-MO?
Any advice would be appreciated.

ADBrown
11-13-2006, 06:49 AM
I'd go with the MDA. It's got virtually all the same features as the TyTN, except for the 3G (which won't work on T-Mobile anyway) and as a side benefit, you get to have a MiniSD card instead of MicroSD.

dkb218
11-20-2006, 11:03 PM
I'd either get the MDA [I already own one] or I'd wait until T-Mo got 3G up and running. The Tytn - no keyboard by the way - is a nice phone but for the price it won't use all the features its capable if using.

By the time T-Mo get 3G up, I'm sure the HTC will have something out the blows the Tytn out the water... maybe... :wink:

magoomba
11-26-2006, 03:31 PM
The MDA is the same as the Qtek 9100 right?
Can anyone comment on the TI OMAP850 200mhz processor's performance.
In particular, can it play DivX/XviD/MPEG4 movies smoothly?
Thanks.