View Full Version : Cleaning Out Old WiFi Connections

madmako
11-12-2006, 07:24 PM
Greetings.

I've had my Pharos 525 for a couple weeks now and have made a number of WiFi connections at a number of locations. The issue I have encountered is my inability to remove old connections. When I go to a new area, network connections goes thru the entire list of old connections attempting to hook up. I cannot figure out how to get rid of them. When I tap on one of the oldies, I'm taken into setting up paramenters, etc.
The only way I could get rid of all the old WiFi connections was to perform a cold reset and start everything all over again. Obviously, there must be a better way.

Is this a user problem or Windows Mobile "feature". Do I need a utility to dump all these old WiFi conntections?

Your thoughts are welcomed.

Sven Johannsen
11-12-2006, 07:55 PM
I have an I-Mate PDA-N. I believe it is essentially the same device. When you are in the Configure Wireless Networks screen, with all the various networks listed, just tap and hold one you want to get rid of. A context menu with Remove Settings will show up.

madmako
01-19-2007, 03:58 PM
Thanks, Sven.

I have an I-Mate PDA-N. I believe it is essentially the same device. When you are in the Configure Wireless Networks screen, with all the various networks listed, just tap and hold one you want to get rid of. A context menu with Remove Settings will show up.