View Full Version : Buying advice please?

Catflap
11-12-2006, 06:40 PM
Hi there

I'm looking for a pocket pc to watch video on - mostly AVIs. (Had a Dell Axim a while ago, but the screen is too badly scratched to use anymore).

Can anyone recommend a good pocket pc with a large-ish screen? - since I want to watch video on it, that's my main want.

Any opinions?

Cybrid
11-12-2006, 07:15 PM
Hi there

I'm looking for a pocket pc to watch video on - mostly AVIs. (Had a Dell Axim a while ago, but the screen is too badly scratched to use anymore).

Can anyone recommend a good pocket pc with a large-ish screen? - since I want to watch video on it, that's my main want.

Any opinions?Still Dell. The X51v would be highly recommended for video.

Catflap
11-13-2006, 09:05 PM
Thanks for that. Are there any other options with a slightly bigger display?

Brad Adrian
11-13-2006, 09:21 PM
There aren't going to be any with significantly larger screens, but I think some of the Toshibas have a slightly larger screen. Still, I happen to prefer the X51v screen over any Toshibas I've seen.

Nurhisham Hussein
11-14-2006, 03:26 AM
There aren't going to be any with significantly larger screens, but I think some of the Toshibas have a slightly larger screen. Still, I happen to prefer the X51v screen over any Toshibas I've seen.

Plus you're unlikely to get any service support from Toshiba for any of these, as Toshiba pulled out of the PDA market 2 years ago. The only alternative I can think of that's available in the US is the iPaq hx4700 which has a 4" screen, but this model has also been discontinued.

Catflap
11-14-2006, 09:01 PM
Thanks for the tips. Looks like it's the Dell one then.