View Full Version : GPS, PDA,GSM Phone

bedhead
11-11-2006, 05:31 PM
I am trying to decide what to purchase and I know nothing about these products.
I want an all in one GSM phone PDA and GPS for around 500-700$ what do you all think would be the best model to purchase?
If you could give some info about why I should purchase a certain one over another in langauge that an idiot like me can understand.

JesterMania
11-12-2006, 12:34 AM
That's simple, go to http://www.pdadb.net and click "Browse all GPS devices" on the left-hand side. The two that I can think of off the top of my head is the HP iPAQ hw69xx series if you like square-screen with qwerty thumb board, or the HTC Artemis if you prefer a rectangular 4:3 aspect ratio screen.

ppatt
11-12-2006, 02:46 AM
I looked into the Artemis and the upcoming ASUS P535 but will still probably go with the X500 though there are things I don't like about it:

1. microsd, not minisd or sd
2. processor speed not up there with the likes of other pdaphones (many are 520 MHz)
3. no infrared

But its pluses were

1. size (thin)
2. has Edge
3. 2.0 megapixel camera

However, for me the downsides of the others were worse:

- ASUS P535 did not seem to have Edge or it would have been a no-brainer with its SD card, IR, BT2, and 520MHz although it has minisd

I was looking for a device with GPS, no qwerty (I send voicemail away from a PC and use pocket controller app when near a PC), A2DP for my BT stereo headphones.

Just my opinion though given my preferences. If anyone knows of any other WIndows Mobile 5 PDA phones with GPS and without qwerty please reply.

If any of the specs I quoted were are known to be in error I'd appreciate a correction. Most of the quoted specs were obtained from reseller sites and I have gotten bad info that way in the past.