View Full Version : iPAQ4700 and Tomtom Navigator 6

Fromlund
11-10-2006, 09:17 PM
Does anyone know the status of this combination?
Presently I use TTNav5 and want to upgrade to the latest edition.
Tomtom themselves doesn´t give answers to this!

schneid
11-28-2006, 04:58 PM
It runs on my 4355 but for now I would avoid it. I have TT Nav 6 North America on DVD. For some reason, it has been hobbled so you can not install the 1.3gb high detail North America map and you can not activate the individual Alaska, Guam, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico maps. The only alternative is use the stripped down .9gb US/Canada map.

TT support has no expalnation for this.

martin_ayton
11-28-2006, 06:34 PM
Don't do it. I bought TTN6 for my Hermes and, frankly, I can't see much improvement in performance over TTN5. You also can't buy city maps any more, you have to buy regional maps, which cost 10 times as much (explain to me again why I want to spend $50 on a map of New Orleans?). Also, TTN5 maps are not compatible with TTN6, so if you update your maps with their latest update program, then your software will also be updated to TTN6 and the city maps you have purchased previously will no longer work.

Do I sound a tad upset? You betcha. None of this is obvious until after you have done the upgrade and once done, going back is very hard to do.

I have asked for a refund and I'll be taking my money to a company that gives a fig about after sales support for its customers. Any suggestions?